Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » XD10 Problem...

Author Topic: XD10 Problem...
Fabrice Dubourg
Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2004 01:13 PM      Profile for Fabrice Dubourg   Email Fabrice Dubourg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a problem with a XD10 Player.
The automation doesn't work.
Config.: CP65+DA20, adding SA10 and XD10.

When testing automation lines with XD10, (when using With SA10, CP65 and DA20), nothing works.( SA10, CP65 and DA20 work fine)
If i only use XD10 with DA20 and CP65 wired together, all the automation of XD10 works fine.

If i disconnect the automation cable of SA10, (when using With XD10, CP65 and DA20), XD10 automation works fine.
The problem seems to come from SA10 automation control...
What i made: I disconnected pin 13 ( +12/15V) from SA10 DB25 automation cable (the end of the cable who is plugged to SA10 automation).

Now I 've got Mono, dolby A, dolby SR control lines working with XD10, BUT NOT DIGITAL !!!! ( the other were not tested)

So, all is working fine together, the only thing that doesn't work is that when playing DTS film, CP65 don't go digital but fallback in SR and SA10, DA20 and CP65 works fine...

any ideas ?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-13-2004 06:49 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only reason that I can think of is that some of the automation lines may be interferring with each other. You can also program the XD-10 to act as a DA-20 which might be another thing to try. This has to be done when feeding an XD-10 into the 2nd digital input of a Panastereo. Since each unit normally operates a processor slightly differently you might try putting diodes in line with each units automation lines so they are effectively isolated from one another.

Mark @ CLACO

Dan Harris
Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2004 07:04 PM      Profile for Dan Harris   Email Dan Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a similar problem here with a newly installed XD-10 in the same set up you have (mainly being used for CSS purposes).

So far, we do get Dolby Digital and EX as normal, but the DTS does not kick in at all, so as yet we have no DTS sound.

Interestingly, when no longer receiving output from the XD-10, the CP-65 switches back to Local fader (it's set to wake up on remote). I believe Sound Associates (UK) think the problem lies with the SA10, but as yet can't pinpoint it. At the moment, it looks as if they're going to pop a CP-650 (and upgrade it to EX) from another screen in there, but if I find out anything further I'll report back.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-13-2004 07:13 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is that someone has not configured the XD-10's automation connector properly and/or has not used the proper interface cable system.

The XD-10 manual does list the method of connecting both the DA-20 and XD-10 to a CP-65.

Mark, My XD-10s are connected to CSP1200s with the DTS-6D emulation mode and on digital 2. I made the automation cables myself so perhaps that is why I've not experience a problem...the XD-10 tells the CSP1200 were to go format wise just fine.

Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-13-2004 10:06 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
Sure the 6D emulation works fine but there can be other advantages since the XD-10 can sense what mode the processor is in. Say when using two DTS units as we did at the Lossless installtion, with a backup APTX dosk running on a 6DSV piggybacked with the lossless XD-10 just in case of any problems...of which there have been none so far.

Mark

Fabrice Dubourg
Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2004 10:37 PM      Profile for Fabrice Dubourg   Email Fabrice Dubourg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i tried to programm the XD10 on 6D emulation and CP65, it was just the same.
I think the problem comes from the SA10 when detecting the Digital format.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-13-2004 11:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be the SA-10. Try isolating the control lines going to the SA-10 with 1N4001 diodes.

Mark

Fabrice Dubourg
Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2004 02:29 PM      Profile for Fabrice Dubourg   Email Fabrice Dubourg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kareen told me that the problem comes from XD10 D622 board, DTS send us another board...

Larry Zuverink
Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2004 03:11 PM      Profile for Larry Zuverink   Email Larry Zuverink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is with the d622 card. DTS had to change the optocouplers on the card to account for a small voltage on the line the dolby uses to dectect the SA10.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: