Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie Platter Bulbs

Author Topic: Christie Platter Bulbs
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2004 07:00 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know those little screw-in dome covers for the platter bulbs on the AW3? What part is that? Judging from the diagram on page A-16 of the manual on this site, it looks like it might be item 25, "Indicator, white." But I can't figure out why it would be called that. Is that the right part? If not, I have no idea which part it is.

BTW, I know the manual posted on this site is for an AW3R, and I'm talking about an AW3. If that part is different, let me know.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-29-2004 08:58 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I reccomend a small stick on florescent light. I normally cable tie them to the arm do away with the small usless lamps that just about everyone put on platters. Get two of these lights on each platter and a plex full of them gives you enough light to actually run the booth by.

Mark

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2004 09:41 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An interesting idea, but that did not answer my question.

Where would I get such lamps?

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 05-30-2004 10:58 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many companies do not make all of the parts used in their products. I doubt Christie makes those lamp sockets themselves.

You could buy them from Christie. If I remember, if you order p/n 546700-037, you will get the entire lamp socket, ie: both the white dome and the base it screws into. Since the cover and base are usually used together, you probably can't buy just the cover; that's why the parts book does not list them seperately. The reason it is called "Indicator, white" is you could buy a different color, (from the original manufacturer, not from Christie) and in the electronics industry the generic name for lamps are 'indicators'.

Remove the lamp socket and look on the base. There might be a number which would tell you who the orginal manufacturer of the lamp socket is, and then order it from a local electronic dealer. (Remember, though, they usually have a $25 or so minimum purchase.) The lamp socket look like it is made by Dialight, possibly the 081 series. You -might- be able to buy just the covers from orginal manufacturer.

If I only needed 2-3 of them, then I would probably just buy them from Christie. If I had a 15-plex worth, I'd find who made them, get the orginal manufacturer part number, and order them from a local electronic dealer. Refer to:

http://www.dialight.com/series.tpl?page=optoelectronics&cat=Panel&sub=Neon

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2004 04:22 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just recieved a package of parts from Christie a few weeks ago that our tech ordered. Rollers, drive tires, filters, and lamp sockets. The screw-in covers were not included with the sockets.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-30-2004 05:53 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken,
Since there are so many varities of AW-3's why not just call Christie on Tuesday and ask them.... Just ask for Sal in parts. She is very nice and I'm sure can straighten out your lamp cover delemma..... for what its worth [Roll Eyes]
Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: