Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Bauer Selecton II manual?

Author Topic: Bauer Selecton II manual?
Joop de Gruiter
Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2004 06:13 AM      Profile for Joop de Gruiter   Email Joop de Gruiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I wonder if anyone has a Bauer Selecton II (16mm projector) manual for me, the reason I want it is I need to adjust the shutter. If anyone can easily describe how to do it that will do too.
Thanks,

Joop.

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-24-2004 08:04 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically with any projector you just have to figure out how the shutter is attached to the shaft, loosen it, so that you can turn it by hand. Then you move the projector mechanism very slowly by hand and when the intermittent just starts to move, the shutter has to be fully closed, and it must not open again before the intermittent comes to a full stop. Or you eye or mark the position of one tooth of the resting intermittent and when it starts to move, turn it until the marked spot is reached by the third tooth. Then set the shutter dead center.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 05-24-2004 08:35 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16mm is 1 perf/frame, so counting teeth is a non-starter.

I have a poor photocopy of what appears to be the operator's manual for the Selekton II (no cover page), and there is no mention of the shutter or shutter timing at all, nor can I find a shutter in any of the diagrams. (Our Selekton IIs are attached to Bauer U4 35mm projectors, and I'm not sure they even have independant shutters...I guess they must...)

--jhawk

Serge Bosschaerts
Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2004 05:09 PM      Profile for Serge Bosschaerts   Author's Homepage   Email Serge Bosschaerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Joop,
I have two Selecton II projectors and the manuals.
Will check in the morning (it's 0h00 local time here [sleep] )and get back to you here.

Serge

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-24-2004 05:12 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You`re right of course, I had overlooked that "little" detail. In that case, I would just go by the movement phase of the sprocket, run a loop and then make fine-adjustments.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-24-2004 07:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious as to how good everyones verticle steadiness is on their Selectons.... I have yet to see one that didn't have some bounce to it.

Mark

Christos Mitsakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2004 05:20 AM      Profile for Christos Mitsakis   Email Christos Mitsakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can try here: http://www.kinobauer.de/

C.

Serge Bosschaerts
Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2004 05:31 AM      Profile for Serge Bosschaerts   Author's Homepage   Email Serge Bosschaerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joop, here's the answer according the repair manual :

You have to take the lamphouse off to get to the back of the mechanism, then take the cover off over the shutter.
Loosen the three screws on the shutter until it turns freely,
then turn the mechanism by hand, during the turn of the maltese cross the shutter should be in closed position. If needed correct this so.
Then fasten the three screws and test with a film to see the result.

Mark, my machines have 500 and 400 hours on them, never noticed any vertical movement on them.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-25-2004 06:46 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Selecton at the Senator in Baltimore, MD puts out a rock steady picture too.

Steve

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 02-01-2006 07:42 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 617 days since the last post.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2006 07:42 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are also looking for an English languge manual for the Selecton 2 double head machine, also a source of spares.

is there anybody that can help with this please?

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 02-01-2006 01:16 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will PM you the email addresses of friends in Berlin who might be able to help you.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: