Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Rectifier Amperage Ajustments.

Author Topic: Rectifier Amperage Ajustments.
Brandon Lokesak
Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2004 08:09 AM      Profile for Brandon Lokesak   Email Brandon Lokesak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to ajust the amperage of the rectifier or is that based on another factor that can not be ajusted. One of ours runs at about 75 while the other runs at about 85.

-Brandon

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-11-2004 08:53 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It normally is adjustable. What make and model number and perhaps we can help you out. Some are only adjustable internally and some have tap switching with a large knob and so on.....

Mark

Brandon Lokesak
Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2004 09:46 PM      Profile for Brandon Lokesak   Email Brandon Lokesak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have the cinemeccanica cc 2500-h model what amperage should we be running these at and could this be a major factor in why our bulbs barely see 700 hours? We use Perkin Elmer bulbs or LTI

-Brandon

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-12-2004 08:07 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suggest that you definately have some sort of problem going on there. Check your exhaust flow first. I believe your rectifier has different taps to adjust current. I would have a tech come out and see out whats wrong there. I get good life with LTI's out here, Perkin Elmer is dead and gone now... their bulbs are just about the worst there is....

Mark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-12-2004 09:22 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The odds are you will have IREM Rectifiers if you have Cinemecanica Lamphouses. There should be a round handwheel on the top that adjusts the output (or a hole in the top where it would normaly be mounted)

THose lamphouses usally get decent lamp life and are well cooled internally as well

Brandon Lokesak
Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2004 10:20 AM      Profile for Brandon Lokesak   Email Brandon Lokesak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks alot Gordon yes there is a pretty large black hand wheel above the copper tubing in the rectifier. What would you suggest the proper amperage rating would be or is it dependent upon bulb size and some other factors?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: