Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » PS1B Part Cross Ref.

Author Topic: PS1B Part Cross Ref.
Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2004 04:05 PM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a replacement for the 5B4 rectifier used on the +/-14v side in the PS1B (cp200 power supply). This was made by Internation Rectifier but even their site, as well as DigiKey have no idea of it. Even just the ratings would be cool as I could figure out a replacement that way... the schematics from Dolby don't really tell you much.

Thanks,
--Chris

|  IP: Logged

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 05-08-2004 04:29 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This should not be that hard to figure out. Just measure your peak AC voltage coming out of the transformer, and get a rough idea of the current...then triple them both, and find a close replacement. I would guess without messing around with a beast like this that you'll want at least 60V PIV at maybe 10A.

Or you could order the $30 replacement part from dolby....

Josh

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2004 01:08 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The NTE guide shows it crossing to an NTE 169 which is a 600 volt, 2 amp bridge rectifier.

Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2004 10:19 PM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks much. I knew I could probably get away with any decent sized rectifier but wanted one specifically in that package format so I could mount it to the chassis.

Thanks again,
--Chris

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-11-2004 07:57 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are referring to the one that looked like a little monument...then even Dolby stopped using it in the PS1Bs. The two bridge rectifiers ended up being the same thing. You just need to drill and countersink the hole to mount the new one...there is plenty of space to put in the square bridge.

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: