Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dras 1.0.3.6 error rates gone

Author Topic: Dras 1.0.3.6 error rates gone
John Foley
Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2004 07:14 PM      Profile for John Foley   Email John Foley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been using dras 1.0.3.6 for a few months to check/optimize our bacp dtr-20 reader and cp650. I was not always happy with what i saw, but the reading in dras seemed accurate.

yesterday i upgraded my cp650 firmware to 2250 (did not make note of old version, but it was something like 103?, any know out of the box verison from 1 year ago?)and I suddenly lost error rate data in DRAS. It always reads 0 unless i hit a fault (then it displays the read bar and oddly it will display real rates (i.e. 3.0 or whatever)around the bar, then thay disappear again.)

Dolby says they have not heard of this.

I tried different serial cable and both front and back serial ports on cp650. I also tried reinstalling the software.
I intend to try a usb to serial adapter (a new serial port) and a second laptop.

Any advice or comments?

If i can get amother .bin file, i may try to downgrade firmware as a test.

P.S. the video signal option in the new firmware/setup software is nice.

|  IP: Logged

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2004 02:04 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure about this but I believe that in the CP650 (new firmwares) something has been changed. I mean if you had a CP500 and you got an error rate of 6 for example, in the CP650 without changing the reader or realinging it you would get an error rate of 3 or 2. Someone else told me that and I am not sure whether this is the case. Most probably the CP650 must have better video aquisition as to recognise film in bad condition better to convert it to Digital.
Anyway That's what I heard. I am not sure whether this is the case though.
Demetris

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: