Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby CP 200 with DA 20 and DTS 6D

Author Topic: Dolby CP 200 with DA 20 and DTS 6D
William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2004 11:26 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are fixing to get swap out the Dolby CP65 at the Paramount with a Dolby CP200 to be used in conjunction with a Dolby DA 20 and DTS 6D. I have all the cables from DTS, but is there anything special I need from Dolby to make the DA 20 work with the processor? Reason I ask is I noticed on my CP200 at the Highland there is a small breakout board attached to the Right side of the Control Unit that has 5 screw terminals in it that appears to contral part of the automation and I am not sure if I need it or not. Will photograph it when I arrive for work later today.

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-18-2004 12:52 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check in the manuals section for the DA20 instalation manual. It has a section in there related to hooking up the DA20 to the CP200 on page 2.5.3 of the actual manual and page 51 of the PDF file. This may help some in figuring it out. You may need something special for the DTS I am not sure on that one and You may find more answers in the CP200 manual as far as automations and such.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-18-2004 07:21 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've done this before by using a DTS adaptor plate form Odyssey Products..... this DTS was in a roll around situation though. With the DA-20 permanently installed aong with the 200 the DA-20 handled all default audio switching. When the DTS was being used it handled all default switching. I would guess you'd have to do it something along these lines or there may be other ways to do this that I've not attempted before.....Hello Mr Guttag??????

Mark @ CLACO

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-18-2004 08:13 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need the upgrade subwoofer and output cards
I usually route the output of the CP200 JM11/ to the DA20
The JM21 out from the DA20 to the JM11 jack on the DTS breakout board
THe output of the DTS board goes back to the JM21 on the CP200
I route the DA20 sub also via the breakout board so the DTS sub also gains the benifit of the EQ and fader of the cat 560
(not the DTS format must be 10 as well)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: