Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Kinoton ST200 MUT problem

Author Topic: Kinoton ST200 MUT problem
Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2004 03:58 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gents,

My MUT has stopped working! Well, i can spool film onto the platter but not off. This has been fine since it was installed. So, firstly, any ideas how i can break down my film without the make up table working, and any ideas on what is wrong with it. I have checked fuses, cables etc. All OK.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2004 09:11 PM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael.
Have you checked the switches that control the direction of the spools or the switch that selects which platter you need to make up or breakdown as I have had a faulty platter selection switch that caused a simular problem.Or the problem could be in the circuit board in the mut.Is the conection at the base of the platter ok with no broken wires or damaged pin?As for trying to break down a print with out the mut working I dint think you can but I have never tried.Other than the above I cant think of anything else at the moment if I do I will let you know.

Steve [thumbsup]

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2004 03:11 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok as you can run the table in one direction, onto the plate, that removes some of the wiring and control gear, variac being the main thing.

Have you checked the motor brushes?

Also there is a rectifier card in the MUT, have you cheked this?
You can try swapping it with the card in the control box.

There is a heavy duty relay in the table, that needs to be looked at too.

I'm plucking ides out of my hat... as I don't have amanual in front of me.

Hope this helps a little.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-10-2004 04:44 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taking up Ken's first point: when you spool onto the plate, can you still control its speed from the MUT, or are you using a bodge, e.g. sticking a brain in the platter, running the projector and rotating it in feed mode? If the former, I would guess that the fault within the MUT is pretty minor. But if you've got no control from the MUT whatsoever (i.e. it just acts as an idle turntable), it would seem that something inside it is seriously knackered.

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2004 04:07 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi and Thanks.

The platter speed can be controlled from the MUT with no problem on either of the 3 decks. On "break down" the MUT is dead and also the brake on the middle deck isn't operating either. Otherwise, everything is working ok. I will check Ken's suggestions later today. again all connections, wires and fuses are all ok.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: