Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » New Deluxe DI leaders with checkframes

Author Topic: New Deluxe DI leaders with checkframes
John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 02-16-2004 09:14 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for a long time, there's been various clamoring about how nice it would be to have checkframes printed on leaders. It looks like Deluxe is finally there, at least on their leaders for digital intermediate (DI).

Here are some scans from the head of R3 of Love, Actually. I've included more than just the checkframes. (Sorry about the diagonal line distortion--some kind of bug in the film scanner, I guess.) The top checkframe matches the head of the reel and the bottom one matches the tail. I can only assume the middle two are for the tail of 1A and head of 1B?

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

(For what it's worth, TES and Deluxe both printed reels of Love, Actually. The TES leaders don't have this nice feature. On the other hand, the Deluxe leaders make it real pain to find the title. The scan I included is the most legible location.)

--jhawk

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-16-2004 09:26 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The labs ARE responsive to customer needs, and are aware of what is written on Film-Tech, and have heard this very subject discussed at the Inter-Society Committee for the Enhancement of Cinema Presentation, of which I am the current President. Digital Intermediate certainly enabled printing check frames. Labs are also working on a way to print reel numbers along the edge of the film a few feet in from the leaders for positive ID if the leaders are cut off.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-17-2004 08:31 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice! Hopefully we will see more of this in the future. [thumbsup]

Mathew Molloy
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2004 02:47 PM      Profile for Mathew Molloy   Email Mathew Molloy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The prints of Cold Mountain had these i.d. checkframes as well.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-19-2004 03:59 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great to see. Now they should take it to the next level and print the title the way the other labs are doing it.

The title and reel number are terribly important and they should be larger and easy-to-read. It should not be necessary to unspool the film to see the Reel ID information.

Now for the real question:

Where can I get one of those dolls with the blue eyeshadow? Or is she a digital "Miss Thing" ?

She has attitude to spare!

Hubba Hubba!!!!

Right, Phil?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: