Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Metallic alignement Film

Author Topic: Metallic alignement Film
Jean-Michel Grin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2004 03:34 AM      Profile for Jean-Michel Grin   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Michel Grin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Evryone !

Recently we had to rebuilt a projector mechanism, and I inspected the alignement of the parts of the mecanism with a part of leader loaded trought the projector.
But I mean that exist a most accurate method to check the alignement with a "metalic film" looking like a classic 35 mm leader, but made of verry thin metal.

My question is: Where I can buy this alignement tool ?

Thanks for Your replies, and appologyses for my weak English ;-)

Bye,

Jean-Michel

|  IP: Logged

Gilbert Travin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2004 06:43 AM      Profile for Gilbert Travin   Author's Homepage   Email Gilbert Travin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean-Michel !

I'm not sure that is existing ...
One can ask the projector manufacturer to know if he had an alignment-gauge.
What is the model of projector ?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-09-2004 07:39 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LaVezzi in the U.S. makes Metal film. Their web site is here...
http://www.lavezzi.com/LavMotionPic.html

You can contact them through the web site to find out who the French distributer is.

Mark @ CLACO

Jean-Michel Grin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2004 05:11 AM      Profile for Jean-Michel Grin   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Michel Grin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You Mark !

I will communicate this information to my boss immediately

Bye

Jean-Michel

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-10-2004 08:59 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another option is to use stiff 7-mil (0.007 inch thick) blue ESTAR leader, which is available perforated KS-1870:

"Steel Film"

http://www.kodak.com/country/US/en/motion/support/faqs/faq001.shtml

FPC 7-mil Blue ESTAR Leader

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-12-2004 02:52 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't trade my steel film for anything! It's one of the most useful tools you can have.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: