Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Bradford Widescreen Weekend 2004 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Bradford Widescreen Weekend 2004
Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2004 04:14 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in70mm.com's official UNofficial Wide Screen Weekend web site
has been updated. The 2004 program has been uploaded.

Also keep an eye on the official website for the March 2004 events.

Thursday 18

7:00 Richard Todd
7:45 The Longest Day

Friday 19
10:15 This is Cinerama
1:30 Lion In Winter
4:00 Tom Vincent = VV
4:30 Williamsburg
5:00 Reception
5:50 Vertigo (VV)
8:15 Lord Jim

Saturday 20
10:30 Cinerama's Russian Adventure
1:30 War And Peace (VV)
4:30 Herbert Lom + Jack Cardiff
6:30 John Belton: The Curved screen
7:15 It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Sunday 21
10:00 Cineramacana
1:00 Hamlet
5:00 Alex Thompson
6:00 Dion Hanson, Perspecta Sound
6:30 Forbidden Planet
8:30 Earthquake

Monday 22
10:30 55 Days at Peking in French

[ 03-04-2004, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Thomas Hauerslev ]

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2004 01:46 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two weeks to go - anyone from FT attending?

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2004 02:09 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose so if I really must [Roll Eyes]

Hopefully this year no major diseases will keep me away [puke]

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 03-04-2004 05:25 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I can make it, [Frown] work are sending me on a training course the next week, and I doubt if I can get back in time, unless I can get to Sheffield, from where there is an overnight bus at 01:45.

Is 'Forbidden Planet' being run in Perspecta? It was at the Loew's Jersey two years ago, but I don't know if all the optical prints had it. I think it also had a 4-track release.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2004 05:52 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Stephen we are screening Forbidden Planet in Perspecta Sound. Dion Hanson is making a brie fintro before the film.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-04-2004 08:29 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly I'm involved in organising a conference which is taking place over the same weekend (we just couldn't manage it so that it didn't clash with something). Hope the WSWW goes well and good luck to Darren for his 'rumblerama'...

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 03-04-2004 10:36 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assume that you'll be running it with one of Dion's cards then; I've got one of them myself, last used it about a year ago. The Loew's ran it with an original (refurbished) integrator. There was much debate at the time as to how closely the new cards emulate this, in functional terms.

I think 'Forbidden Planet' is about the best use of Perspecta that I have heard, pity I don't think I'll be able to be there, I'll have to look into late trains and buses, and see if there's any way I can do it.

What I would like to hear is the version of the 'Around the World in Eighty Days' track which used a slightly modified Perspecta on the surround magnetic track to give three surround channels. Given that this would have been mainly effects, it might have been quite effective.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 03-18-2004 07:12 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More from Mr. Hauerslev:

quote:
Dear all,

The Widescreen Weekend ( http://www.in70mm.com/wide_screen_weekend/index.htm )
in Bradford, England starts today. I fly in this afternoon for a weekend of
film, fun, beers and a great curry.

Official Widescreen web is here:
http://www.bradfordfilmfestival.org.uk/2004/whatson_ww.asp

To celebrate the weekend, I´ve made two special editions of ..in70mm.com -
The 70mm Newsletter. The magazines, two 4-page paper magazines (Issues 68
and 69), will be destributed exclusively in Pictureville during the weekend.

Those of you not attending, you can download a PDF copy of both here:
http://www.in70mm.com/newsletter/diverse/back_issues.htm

The new articles are also avaiable on-line at http://www.in70mm.com of course.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Best wishes
Thomas

in70mm.com
The 70mm Newsletter

Thomas Hauerslev
Kong Georgs Vej 12
DK-2000 Frederiksberg
Denmark

www.in70mm.com
www.dp70.com
www.70mm.dk
www.3falkebio.dk
www.hauerslev.com
http://hjem.get2net.dk/in70mm

>>====@===={(_o)

Keeping the Spirit of 70mm Alive

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-18-2004 09:30 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darren: good luck for Sunday and mind you don't destroy Dick's lovely cinema!

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2004 09:47 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We laugh at Mr Briggs puny speakers! [Big Grin]

They are as but a tiny breeze when compared to the hurricane strength after effects of Bradford's finest curries [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

If our cinema can withstand those then we should be fine.

Seriously thanks Darren for making the earth move for me [Wink] [beer]

Gilbert Travin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-19-2004 01:39 AM      Profile for Gilbert Travin   Author's Homepage   Email Gilbert Travin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
I wanted to watch "(and now, ladies and gentlemen) THIS IS CINERAMA" but, today I work ..... perhaps in 2005 [Big Grin]

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 03-20-2004 04:38 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I had found a way of getting there, but the severe weather has been delaying trains. I'll have a look at the news iin the morning and see if it's cleared.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2004 04:49 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The weather is really bad round here. It blew out one of the windows above Pictureville main entrance just after the start of War and Peace yesterday afternoon.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-21-2004 07:20 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It hit attendance for our conference at Teesside, too; though we still got around 50, with a good BFI contingent who braved the gales to come up from London. There was carmageddon in Yorkshire on Friday, with trees on the road and overturned vehicles closing both the A1 and the A19.

Hope the rest of the weekend goes well and that your remaining windows stay intact!

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2004 06:48 PM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all.
Well the punny speakers rocked the pictureville cinema, and gave all the die-hard 70mm fans a treat for the ears.
The Sensurround re-creation at the widescreen weekend was attended by around 150 people.
Many thanks to Bill Lawrence and the team for letting us lower the tone of the festival and letting 4 mad men from York not only shake the cinema, but cause mayhem in the foyer allday with the pre-show hype!
Pictures im sure will appear on the in70mm website.

'Earthquake' with the 'Sensurround re-creation' will continue touring the U.K. this year. (including all the addional effects)
Keep an eye on www.in70mm.com for deatails and dates.

Now all i've go to do is think of another 70mm project.

Darren

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: