Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » IVIE Electronics, Inc - The IE-17A (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: IVIE Electronics, Inc - The IE-17A
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-22-2004 11:26 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to purchase an the IVIE IE-30A Real Time Analyzer with all the accessories. However, there was another component in the case - an IV-17A. What the hell is it, how is it used, and why? I received a communication from IVIE saying that it was discontinued about 15 years ago. They might be able to spring a manual for me, but that is a "maybe."

Anyone have any other info on it? Mine is in excellent condition, along with the IE-30A.

Thanks in advance

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-23-2004 02:45 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I vaguely remember the I E -17A. I think it was a delay.
Picture!!!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-23-2004 04:27 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to recall that being an adaptor used in the olden days of the chart recorder to get a hard-copy "printout" of the curves.

Then again, I could be smokin' some of that I-30 stuff... [Big Grin]

>>> Phil

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-23-2004 06:07 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might be right. I really can`t remember if it was this unit, but there was such a device from Ivie. You could use it to interface the analyzer with a PC.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-23-2004 04:04 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As requested, here she be...

-

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-23-2004 09:22 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Phil`s memory is better than mine. Maybe you could shoot pictures of the front control panel in close up so that we can read what it says (especially the left side which is not quite visible in the pic), and of the connectors, then we can figure out how it is used.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-24-2004 02:14 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I vote he post the closeup picture and offer a package of fresh Weenies to the forst person to guess what it is.... Of course Paul will have to call IVIE first to find out what it is. That uis if there is anyone there left from when it was being made. IVIE is a way different company from what it was a decade ago.
Mark

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 01-24-2004 12:57 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found these old (May 2002) postings on the forum over at Pro Sound Web:

Author: Wes Warrren
Subject: IVIE IE-17

Anyone have old lit. on the IVIE IE-17. It is an add on to the IE-30 RTA. It does functions such as RT-60, delay alignment and such. My employer owns one and I think it would be useful but IVIE no longer keeps lit. on the device and doesn't provide support on it. If no litarature, just some advice. Thanks
Wes

Author: Tom Young
In Reply To: IVIE IE-17 (posted by Wes Warrren)
Subject: RE: IVIE IE-17

I no longer have lit on the IE-17 either but I can tell you it was a very difficult to use and problematic device. , Sorry, no details as it has been perhaps 13 years since I last tried to use one.

Go a different route, is my advice.

Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-29-2004 03:55 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it certainly does not look like there is any documentation on this device. Not even from IVIE. [Frown]

I got it to work as a frequency notch with the IE-30A, but the rest of the functions I have no idea what they are supposed to be or do.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-29-2004 04:05 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Detail pictures!!!

Matt Zeiner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2004 07:11 PM      Profile for Matt Zeiner   Email Matt Zeiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I beleive it is a distortion analysis tool. Is the notch you managed centered at 1k? I bet it is...

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-29-2004 08:34 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matt, you are correct. However, with the arrow buttons at the top of the unit, you can select the notch you so desire.

Matt Zeiner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2004 06:23 AM      Profile for Matt Zeiner   Email Matt Zeiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an IE-30 manual somewhere that details its use...I'll see if I can dig it up.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-30-2004 08:42 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Matt. Much appreciated.

Matt Zeiner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2004 11:21 AM      Profile for Matt Zeiner   Email Matt Zeiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Paul - I was wrong. The IE-17 (as Paul M stated above) is a time alignment tool. I dug up that old IE-30 Manual and as it turns out, the IE-15 is the distortion analysis module. There is nothing in my manual about it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: