Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Anyone having problems with Neutape not sticking?

Author Topic: Anyone having problems with Neutape not sticking?
Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2004 01:07 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else having problems with Neumade Neutape not sticking?
This is the clear tape, on clean new prints.

What splicing tape do you like?

|  IP: Logged

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2004 01:32 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are you using Film-Guard?

If there is any on the film under the tape it will jsut slide off. Wipe it off and then try. I've never had any problems with it.

Chris Medley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2004 01:35 PM      Profile for Chris Medley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Medley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Used Neumade splicers for four years and I've never had any problems.

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2004 02:48 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had problems...I'm guessing if there is some kind of coating on the film it would....like sticking tape on a window that has windex on it...

Jeff Taylor
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2004 03:10 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to have to agree, but I've never had problems with Neutape.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-20-2004 03:48 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neumade tape is pretty good; I've used it for years without problems.

As others have noted, could the film have have something on it? Is it an older print? A few older prints were coated with Scotchguard; You need special tape to stick to that.

Maybe you received a bad batch, although it seems unlikely. Can you try tape from someone else, or a roll from a previous batch?

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2004 04:19 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Story of my life, it's just me. [Smile]

No, no filmguard, unless the labs are putting it on. Yeah right.
The problem occurs with brand new first run prints.
No amount of wiping helps the situation.
I'll give Neumade a call.
Thanks.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-20-2004 04:43 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use the Jack Roe tape sold by (CPI marble etc) that is made in the UK with no problems
I have had no luck with the permanence of neumade tape though I find it doesn't adhere all that well especially on used prints

Tom Holland
Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2004 07:56 PM      Profile for Tom Holland   Email Tom Holland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, was I glad to read your post! Yes, the last batch of Neumade clear tape I bought wouldn't stick to new or old prints either. I thought I was going crazy. Thinking it was me, I threw the stuff out and ordered some house brand through GTS, which works great. Thank you for validating my mental stability.

--Tom.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-20-2004 09:24 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't use it because I have had problems with it. I think there was a technical bulleton on that stuff several years ago that suggested extra cleaning was necessary on the surface of the film.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-21-2004 12:18 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Possible the tape was stored in a hot environment or something along those lines? I've seen tape stored in a hot Texas garage lose it's sticky.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: