Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ernemann tools

Author Topic: Ernemann tools
Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2004 03:50 PM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any recommendations for what tools to use on an Ernemann 15 (type 12-34) projector. Specifically the spanner wrenches, and any other odd tools that may be necessary. I need to purchase a few new tools and would like to know what other people use.
Jonathan

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-06-2004 05:47 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A set of standard metric allen wrenchs and metric flat wrenchs just like you would carry for Cinemecanica

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-06-2004 09:58 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are any where its dusty be sure to carry extra motor bearings with you. We've now lost two sets of motor bearings at different sites...ot is dusty out here. Its an expensive motor to replace and the bearings are replacable although its a bit difficult to do....its alot cheaper than a new one and use of bearings with rubber seals will give them much longer life. Except for these two bearing problems and the usual gate bands, theres not much that goes wrong with them out here.
Mark @ CLACO

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2004 03:36 PM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,
The standard allens and flat wrenches are not what I'm concerned about. For the intermittent and for some other parts you need a spanner wrench (for example the bearings that the turrent mount rolls on require an unusual spanner that I do not have) and I would like to know what other people are using.
Jonathan

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-22-2004 05:14 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for this late posting on this topic.... I finally got around to taking this picture of special tools to used adjust the soundhead (analog and/or digital) on an Ernamann 15 projector. The collar clamps around the lens and the cam-shaped inserts turn/push it whichever direction you need it to go. Although, everyone seems to get frustrated using them, and just uses their hands. So, I do not think you really need these.

-

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2004 06:52 PM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks John. I actually have one of the little "cam shaped inserts". But I only have one size that works for all of them. Also, I have never used that collar.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: