Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Did Santa deliver your prints on time?

Author Topic: Did Santa deliver your prints on time?
John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2003 04:55 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After all the [bs] about getting out the prints early, how did everyone do? We experienced problems too numerous to recount here, and besides, I don't want to bore everyone with my problems. I can say that the claims by various sources that prints would be made available on the 23rd didn't wash in most cases.

It never ceases to amaze me that the industry has lots of time to plan for the crunch, but between the distribs, TES, ETS, and the delivery services, they still manage to screw things up.

The best one I had was finding no trailers in our second print of Cheaper By the Dozen. When I called the depot I was told they "ran out" and would be delivered Friday!! I replied "That doesn't help me. You can keep them." When I was greeted by dead silence on the other end, I hung up.

How did you make out?

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 12-24-2003 05:08 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everything fine here. We got our TES prints yeasterday and the ETS prints were at the theater when I got there this morning. No problems everything done.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2003 05:41 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received a confirmation fax stating that TES prints would come out on the 23rd in all possible locations. Guess mine wasn't one of them....

Got the prints sometime this morning (I'm actaully off today). Haven't had time to screen, so who knows what defects lie in the film... Here's hoping that I don't get that dreaded phone call about needing a replacement reel... Serves the whole lot of them right if a show must be cancelled tho... They wait until the day before one of the biggest Holidays in the US to send us prints that must be 1) Built & 2) screened for quality, and most all of the distribution/delivery services are off Thursday....

Hey Jack... This one is for you and your convuluted piracy theory... [fu] [bs] head. EDIT Jack Valenti.. not Jack O... [Smile]

[ 12-25-2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Jason Black ]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-24-2003 06:05 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
We must've been lucky down here. Both TES and ETS came through and delivered prints yesterday morning. Got all of them built and screened last night and fortunately, there were no defects bad enough to warrant replacement reels in any of them.

I did notice the CRAP code on the "Cheaper" print seems to be a darker shade of red now.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 12-24-2003 06:13 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Europe the prints are delivered by the Kriskindl or Sinter Klaas.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2003 07:20 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, we didn't get our print of 21 Grams on Tuesday. After much calling and yelling to Technicolor, they told us they would get us a print direct from Focus on Christmas Eve. Today they called up and told us our delivery time was 11:00 PM. I told them that was great, but no one would be here after 6:00 PM. So they will be delivering it Christmas Morning. [fu]

They were trying to circuit us a print on Christmas!

Everything else came on Tuesday.

Kelly Skaggs
Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2003 08:30 PM      Profile for Kelly Skaggs   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Skaggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got all of our prints on Tuesday, except our 2 prints of Cold Mountain which showed up Today at 430 PM. Then at 5 PM we get another print of Cold Mountain, the problem is we are only showing 2 screens. I bet someone is still waiting for their print. [Confused]

Is it me or does there seem to be more movies open on Christmas this year? We had 4 titles and 7 build-ups. [Roll Eyes]

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 12-25-2003 12:35 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey Jack... This one is for you and your convuluted piracy theory... [fu] [bs] head.

Huh???

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 12-25-2003 01:15 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This Jack.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-25-2003 08:33 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
News links go bad. You need to at upload a picture.

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2003 11:12 AM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disney must have been an optimistic realist.
Remember Snow White singing "Someday, my prints will come?"

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2003 02:51 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 12-26-2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Mike Spaeth ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: