Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DA20 input pinouts

Author Topic: DA20 input pinouts
Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 12-14-2003 06:11 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are these inputs the same as the outputs as far as the pinouts are concerened?

Josh

|  IP: Logged

Rick Long Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2003 08:07 PM      Profile for Rick Long Jr   Email Rick Long Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Except for SW, which is only on the output d-sub. The input d-sub is normally only used in CP 200 situations, where the DA 20 breaks in between the processor and control units via JM 11 and 21. SW comes out of the processor unit.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-14-2003 08:20 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a Cat. 611A (processor interface card) as opposed to the original Cat 611 (the easy way to tell the difference is the surface mount stuff on the 611A)...then you can route the subwoofer to the input of the DA-20 if you make a single wire connection inside the DA-20...I'd ask Ken Jaquart for the specifics on this mod though.

Steve

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 12-14-2003 11:19 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to use the extra input for other 6 channel sources, IE DVD or DTS. I did check and I do have the 611A.

Thanks guys

Josh

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 12-15-2003 11:36 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, now we got a problem. I spent 2 hours last night trying to track down a surround seperation issue with the CP55. I hear the left surround feeding both speakers. i later found a stereo/mono jumper on the cat 441. now, I only have left surround, right suround is dead, and I have verified that the amp and speaker are good. What now?

JJ

Rick Long Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2003 07:38 PM      Profile for Rick Long Jr   Email Rick Long Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a fair bit involved installing a Cat. 441 in a CP 55. I'd first consult a DA-20 manual and make sure all is as it should be on the backplane. There are a number of jumpers that are required as well as at least one trace to be cut. Right surround ends up on the far left terminal of the output strip.(TB3).
You can simply plug the card in, but it basically does the same thing as a 241 then.

John Westlund
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2003 07:55 PM      Profile for John Westlund   Email John Westlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhere I had the instructions for upgrading the CP-55 with the 441 card. If you need it Josh I can dig it out for you.

Rick Long Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2003 08:33 PM      Profile for Rick Long Jr   Email Rick Long Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's also in the manuals section here! [thumbsup]

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 12-15-2003 09:42 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found out what was wrong. I had placed the Rs input lead on the wrong pin(Damn dolby for their confusing-as-hell lettering scheme).

Now, about that 611A mod [Smile]

Josh

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: