Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » How to find out fimware version on SDDS 3000?

Author Topic: How to find out fimware version on SDDS 3000?
Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2003 02:31 AM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can one tell what version FIRMWARE they are using on the 3000. Can this be be done by laptop, going through the menu screen on the
3000 is a pain in the ass. I went through the manural and found nothing.
Also what is the RS-422 connector for?

Kyle

|  IP: Logged

Alan Haigh
Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2003 06:32 AM      Profile for Alan Haigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always used the front panel menu for this, under the STATUS section. Perhaps it says the firmware version in the set up software under the "status" menu as well, but I'm not certain, but that's where it would be if it's there. The RS422 is for "fancy" automation systems. I've never seen it in operation, it may never have been implemented even. All the fancy systems I've seen use the RS232. This has the "feature" of locking you out of the front panel menu system.

Alan

Les Brock
Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2003 08:16 AM      Profile for Les Brock   Author's Homepage   Email Les Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kyle, Connect your laptop to the 3000 procesor.

Once connected in the Menu bar select STATUS.

In the drop down page you will see on the top left System Information. The first number is the processor serial number. Below that is the Firmware Version.

The lastest version is 2.92. On some computer screens it shows as 291.

Les

Robbie Hidalgo
Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2003 11:39 AM      Profile for Robbie Hidalgo   Email Robbie Hidalgo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kyle,

As Alan mentioned above, I actually find it much easier to check the DFP-D3000 firmware version on the front panel LCD, it's only four keystrokes in.

From any Preset, push the down arrow button once, then push the right arrow once (or twice if you were in the Non-Sync preset) until the word MENU is flashing. Press select . Now you'll see the word STATUS flashing, just press select again. You are now looking at Power Hours, Film Run Hours, and in the upper right hand corner of the screen is the firmware version, more than likely it is v2.92. Incidentally if you push the right arrow once more (as the screen is prompting you to do by showing you a right arrow), you will then see the Decoder and Reader serial numbers displayed.

To exit out of any menu, you can navigate as above through the various exit commands on the LCD until you're back at the top menu, or just select any Preset by pressing it's Preset button twice. That's the shortcut to getting back to the top level screen in a hurry.

And as Les already mentioned, the firmware version can be found under the Status menu in the setup software as well. [Smile]

-- Robbie

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: