Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Cinemeccanica MUT - Speed Control

Author Topic: Cinemeccanica MUT - Speed Control
Chris Byrne
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2003 06:19 AM      Profile for Chris Byrne   Email Chris Byrne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I had a problem where the MUT was over-energising when I switched to break down mode (it was fine on Make-Up.) By over-energising, I am referring to a sporadic spinning of the right hand spindle when power was applied to the MUT.

To cut a long story short, I replaced the speed control PCB inside the MUT and it corrected the problem.

Just recently a the exact fault has happened in an auto-rewinder and so I have ordered a PCB to replaced the faulty one.

Has anyone experienced these faults or have a fair idea of what component may be faulty on the board? I initially thought it could be the pot, however the make-up circuit was working fine.

It is a Cinemecannica TA35 MUT and the board in question on the auto-rewinder is CinAM615 PCB.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Hathaway
Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2003 11:06 PM      Profile for Mark Hathaway   Email Mark Hathaway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Chris,

the MUT control card uses relays to switch between make up and brake down. If it was miss behaving only on break down, or visa versa, I'd think it would be the trim pot that is intermittent. The trim pots are next to the sliding pot.

BTW, There are so many different versions of the MUT controller. Cinemeccanica seem to release a new MUT pcb design with every batch they make.

Jean-Michel Grin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2003 07:47 AM      Profile for Jean-Michel Grin   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Michel Grin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We experienced the same trouble on somes "normal" Cinemeccanica film rewinder. The only solution was to replace the entire pcb or switching the power "off" to prevent the spinnin. <Right or false?)

Bye,

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2003 08:20 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had several fault on cinemeccanica's MUT speed control. And every time the PCB came with a new circuit modification!!! [Smile]

Bye
A

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: