Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » information on Hafler amps

Author Topic: information on Hafler amps
Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2003 07:44 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up a Hafler P7000 amd today, well it is being shipped today. They tell me there is something wrong with it but they do not know what. Has anyone had any dealings with these amps. I bought it for 25 dollars plus shipping. I have already downloaded the manual from the Hafler webiste and now I am looking for any input y'all can give me.
Thanks [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2003 01:38 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haflers used to be a kit amp, or at least available as a kit. Maybe somebody didn't put it together right?

Matt Zeiner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2003 03:43 PM      Profile for Matt Zeiner   Email Matt Zeiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll put money on the power supply. Is it for sure a "P" series or "Pro" series amp? The pro-series can be used in conjunction with a wok for making stir-fry. The supplied spec sheet actually has a "BTU" spec. The power supplies crap out constantly, and the mods suggested by Hafler don't work long term. I had a 10 plex with all Hafler pro 5000's - after sending them all out multiple times (like every 6 months or so...), Hafler decided that they would no longer repair them free of charge, so they got canned (all of them) in favor of QSCs....

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2003 04:23 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone has one or two of the 7000 they are just looking to get rid of let me know I will be glad to take the off of your hands for you. Just let me know how much the shipping will be. Matt did you get my email regarding the speakers for the battleship.

Matt Zeiner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2003 03:54 PM      Profile for Matt Zeiner   Email Matt Zeiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did get your email, Mike. Did you get my reply? Our server has been in and out of service lately, so its possible that we lost my reply somewhere down the line....

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2003 04:00 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I replied to your first email but heard nothing to my answer to yours. Any luck with the VECO manual.

Matt Zeiner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2003 07:08 PM      Profile for Matt Zeiner   Email Matt Zeiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No luck with VECO - maybe someone here can help you. You were looking for a pair of 15"'s, right? I'll email you tomarrow with some info.

Matt

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: