Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Master & Commander ^%!!.*%! Cap Code

Author Topic: Master & Commander ^%!!.*%! Cap Code
Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 11-14-2003 12:52 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Un-freaking-believable! [Mad] [fu] [sex] [fu] [Mad]

7 times!... during the first major storm scene... at least that's how many I counted, once I noticed them... 7 times on my print!... in less than 5 minutes, a scene would change and that set of wierd reddish dots would float past your peripherie.

Extremely distracting... to the point that the storm scene... quite extreme in itself, lost a lot of power while my feeble brain struggled in the attempt to interpret the reason for those screwy dots.

With all due respect, John... (and I don't know for sure this is your company's system)... this distraction is borderline justification to splice out every single stinking frame that has this junk on it.

I'm 150% against piracy... but this is not a justifiable solution. The legitimate audience's enjoyment of the producer's work is being subliminally compromised in the attempt to identify the source of piracy at the exhibition level... where I suspect very little of the problem exists. If this is the current state of the art, it's a real step backwards. I've been doing this for over 35 years, and the notion that I, or any print under my control would be part of illegal duplication is totally against everything I've worked for in this business my entire life. That I would risk my relationship with any distributor in this mannor is incomprehensible. However, it seems I, and my patrons must now endure a process which I suspect is NOT being foisted upon those who view these pictures on DLP systems... and that does really _____ me off.

My $.0002. However, this garbage was NOT on the trade screener I watched, and this really torques me off. [puke]

(yes... the words I was really thinking of are not appropriate here, but I actually thought of them, old phart that I am [Mad] )

|  IP: Logged

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2003 12:59 AM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, I just watched it @ our screening. It was horrible...even my friend who makes fun of me for being critical while watching movies was like, "man, that's annoying"

it's gotten to the point where it's taking part of the movie away for me...

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2003 01:03 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I concur with the code on M&C. It wasn't on the trade screening? If there is one place it should be, one would think it would be on a trade screening. UGH!

AJG

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-14-2003 02:22 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The people who are behind this code are ruining movies for EVERYONE. I don't wanna hear the lame "but it's the pirates who are making us do this" excuse. No one is willing to accept responsibility.

Anyway, why not resurrect the thread HERE to continue this discussion? Thanks.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: