Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS XD-10 Anyone Using It Yet?

Author Topic: DTS XD-10 Anyone Using It Yet?
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-22-2003 07:20 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a customer thats wanting to install 4 of them in a plex they have and I was wondering if any other techs here have had any first hand experience with it? I talked to DTS yesterday and reportedly sales to the homeland have been slow, with the majority of them going to Europe. There have also been some supposed minor software issues and in fact DTS is not shipping any for around two weeks due to waiting for the latest software upgrades to be installed into in-stock units.

While the idea of it is very good and certainly promising, the networking part of it, which is probably the most important part is not available till next year......

Mark

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-22-2003 09:13 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have one here. The ever-elusive John Eickhof installed it, took him about 30 to 60 minutes at most. I think he's installed at least one and maybe two others, maybe more by now. (We've had ours since July.)

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-22-2003 09:23 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was very impressed with the unit when DTS did a training seminar at CTC in Sept just before Show East
Very powerfull and full featured unit

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-22-2003 09:50 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My concern is reliability, although I know thats a bit early to really know that 100%. Also software bugs can be a pain in the a## when the theatre is 250 miles or more away. In general Digital cinema equipment has gotten quite famous for taking a couple of years to settle in. Seems like its always a rush to release release something.
Mark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-22-2003 10:11 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems very robust and simple in design so I havent any hesitation to use them

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2003 03:46 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We`are looking to use them from early next year.The soft subtitling option is especially important to us as a new phase of the Disability Discrimination Act comes in to effect next September requiring more widespread subtitling of films.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: