Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Proyecson Products??

Author Topic: Proyecson Products??
Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2003 08:44 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all again,
After some long hours of browsing I have found out that a brand called Proyecson exists which produces projectors, lamphouses, power supplies e.t.c. Has anyone installed any of their products and if so what are your opinions? I know they have a website at http://www.proyecson.com but there is little information there. Anything anyone can say will be valuable to others.
Demetris

|  IP: Logged

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2003 09:43 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never used the projectors or lamphouses but I have used the VSR5000 film transport system. It's quite a nice piece of kit, very smooth and gentle on the film once you get the hang of lacing it up. The quality of the internal wiring is superb.

Christos Mitsakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2003 10:58 AM      Profile for Christos Mitsakis   Email Christos Mitsakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Lamphouse is quite good and it goes together with its power suply, which is one of the best constructions of a rectifier I have encountered. You control the current from the lamphouse so if you want to use another rectifier you have to bypass that part during installation.

Christos

Philippe Laude
Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2003 03:46 AM      Profile for Philippe Laude   Email Philippe Laude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We bought them 7 or 8 PL 5000 spool towers. They're splendid and work flawlessly, even for renting to ignoramus!High quality mechanical and electronic components.They're cheaper than Kinoton, Hasso, Ernemann, Idef or even the old-fashioned Cinemeccanica ones. Definitely a best buy!

Jean-Michel Grin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2003 04:19 AM      Profile for Jean-Michel Grin   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Michel Grin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Gentlemens, but here is a negative point: we bought a VSR 5000 transport film and couplet it with a Strong millenium projector mechanism and a super 80 Strong lamphouse. This set was for a small theater in a little town.
The design is great an really compact, the inverter who power the projector mechanism come from good manufacturer (Lenze) and the exciter power supply is a CE LS-10. Nothing to say; but the problem comme from the circuitry who control the magnetic brake on the take up reel motor and the electronic who control the rewind function: sudently during the fast rewind of the movie the brake blocked the takeup reel without reason, or the potentiometer who control the rewind function din't work anymore. It was a nightmare. For this reason the projectionist don't use the rewiind function on this piedestal, and do it with the rewind bench..

We exchanged twice the electronic cards and replace the relays on them, but with no noticiable results.

I Was disapointed of this VSR 5000

But maybe Proyection as improved the design of theses electronics cards.

Bye,

[ 10-30-2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Jean-Michel Grin ]

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2003 11:23 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter Hall of Future Projections has some info on his website. www.fproj.com

[Smile]

Brian Guckian
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2003 02:25 PM      Profile for Brian Guckian   Email Brian Guckian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just did a temporary installation of one of their portable machines last week...

Very well engineered for its price range. I can't comment on their cinema machines as I haven't used them.

Their rectifier has got great plaudits for its extremely low ripple and overall efficiency.

Philippe Laude
Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2003 08:57 AM      Profile for Philippe Laude   Email Philippe Laude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, did you know their portable wasn't theirs? It's a chinese made one.

Peter Hall
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2003 11:33 AM      Profile for Peter Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The MX105's head is Chinese, but is remanufactured by Proecsyon. We are assured that the "rough edges" from Asia have been ironed out, plus the tower bit is Spanish

Brian Guckian
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2003 02:52 PM      Profile for Brian Guckian   Email Brian Guckian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info guys...BTW first time I've worked on a projector with a barrel shutter - reading up on these from previous posts has been very educational.

Picture is very good - well-designed lamphouse and the movement is steady. For the price it's probably as good as you can get I think.

I also note this model has a drive handle, just like the GK 21!

Are there many Proyecson machines in the UK to date?

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 11-12-2003 01:54 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They may be good but I just don't trust a company that named itself after the mispronunciation of "projection."

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 11-12-2003 05:35 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny,
the Spanish word for projector is proyector so it is not too far off [Wink] Seriously it is a 50+ year old company which is 9001 certified and turns out quality product. They are also the Spanish distributor for Kinoton.

Fran Lafuente
Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2003 08:39 AM      Profile for Fran Lafuente   Author's Homepage   Email Fran Lafuente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Richard for the explanation.
Proyecson is the Spaniard contraction of "Proyeccion y sonido", (projection and sound for english people).
Both matters are our target since 1.957
Regards.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 11-12-2003 09:30 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd think I might've known that with my Sorta Rican heritage.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 11-12-2003 09:31 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we could get english copies of the manuals online soon so all can study their products

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: