Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Kill Bill Vol.1 Reel 6 re-edit

Author Topic: Kill Bill Vol.1 Reel 6 re-edit
Michael Swarbrick
Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2003 08:25 PM      Profile for Michael Swarbrick   Email Michael Swarbrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday my cinema got two replacement Reel 6's of Kill Bill (we have two prints). Apparently, there's been a minor re-edit of the end of the movie.

In the original version, after The Bride gives her "I want them to know" speech, there are two credits (the "Written & Directed" and the "Q & U" credits), then there's a few more minutes of movie. But some people have been leaving the second the credits started, so it's been decided to put those two credits after the final scenes. Might be a good idea too, I heard some customers getting into a big argument because someone dared to talk when the first credits went on.

Has anyone else got these new reels yet ? Everyone's got that original version I described, right?

This shouldn't be necessary, everyone should sit still until the end of the movie anyway! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 10-16-2003 08:30 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The early prints had the credits that way. Technicolor replaced those reel 6's, before shipping most prints to theatres. But some prints that were in the field, had the new reel 6's sent the theatres.

Michael Swarbrick
Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2003 08:58 PM      Profile for Michael Swarbrick   Email Michael Swarbrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, thanks Bill [Smile] When I heard we'd got replacement reels, I was hoping they'd put the colour back in the big fight scene! [evil] Looks like I'll have to wait for the Japanese DVD (if the rumours are true).

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2003 08:35 AM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the black and white sequence is great, she blinks her eyes and it goes B&W, then later blinks again and its colour. Great film

Michael Swarbrick
Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2003 10:35 AM      Profile for Michael Swarbrick   Email Michael Swarbrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to nitpick, but it goes black and white when she pulls a guy's eye out. One of the many things that would look better in colour! [evil]

Still great film though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: