Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ivie IE-33 opinions

Author Topic: Ivie IE-33 opinions
John Westlund
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2003 08:53 PM      Profile for John Westlund   Email John Westlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone checked out the Ivie IE-33? It looks like it would be a handy tool for doing quick checks. What do all of you think about it?

|  IP: Logged

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 10-12-2003 09:54 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's an expensive tool for "quick checks."

I don't like that it's a modified Palm. I'm personally looking forward to getting an IE-30 which is built as an RTA from the ground-up. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 10-12-2003 11:21 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny, as would I. However, I am just a poor slob that can't afford to plop down the cost of a good used IV-30, let alone a new one. I am not sure what a used one would cost, but I am sure it is over $1,000.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-12-2003 11:24 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goldline has a software package for palmpilots or the like as well as a line of good RTA's that don't break the bank

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-13-2003 02:26 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ordered it a few days ago. It looks very promising. Once I have gotten it and played with it for a while, I will write a review (if I ever find the time...)

Christopher Seo
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2003 09:36 PM      Profile for Christopher Seo   Email Christopher Seo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

I have seen some IE-30A's go for around $1,000 on eBay (which is where I got mine). After a calibration and battery replacement from Ivie, it's working fine.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-13-2003 09:41 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the latest pda version from goldline
http://www.gold-line.com/ipaq.htm

this is there new lowercost analyzer I am rather curious about
http://www.gold-line.com/30mp.htm

Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2003 11:46 PM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been using a Goldline DSP30 for several years and like it quite a bit. Wasn't all that expensive (got a killer deal from Goldline) and works well. Only thing i'm kicking myself on is not getting it with the computer interface option. I guess I can add it but it's a little pricey. [Smile]

--Chris

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-14-2003 09:24 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We own several of the DSP30's with the computor interface and the NC curve, RT60 options and Time Alignement.
The only complaint I have had is the dendancy of the AD overloading and requireing the unit to rebooted when doing A chains at line level. The symptom on the display is a rising ladder display
The Option3 often doesn't reset the level and one must reboot
The DSP filters are the tightest in the industry and the Windows version of the interface allows for 1/6 octave which is good for subs and time based averageing as well

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: