Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Moving Image Technologies (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Moving Image Technologies
Bevan Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2003 01:17 PM      Profile for Bevan Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bevan Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

Long-time lurker, first time poster Bevan Wright here…

In case any of you have not yet heard, a group of us from Christie have left to form Moving Image Technologies. MiT will be dedicated to products and services specifically for the cinema exhibition marketplace. Please visit our website at www.movingimagetech.com . We are looking forward to continuing our long-standing personal and professional relationships in this great industry. If you have any product suggestions or recommendations please feel free to drop us an e-mail.

Regards,

Bevan Wright
Moving Image Technologies
(714) 751-7998

|  IP: Logged

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 10-03-2003 02:04 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Best wishes for the new endeavors.

Will the actual products bear such a striking resemblance to the Christie equivalents? I guess what I'm *really* wondering is whether your new company is going with all of Christie's film stuff while Christie goes totally digital. Same machines, same parts? Or all-new?

Also, I really hope that you will continue searching for a logo because the three colorful balls is a bit too generic, imho.

Finally, I'm dying to know -- and I'd understand if you didn't go there -- was this mutiny? It seems like a mass exodus took place.

Here's to the success of your new company. [thumbsup]

Bevan Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2003 02:50 PM      Profile for Bevan Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bevan Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny,

Products are significantly different... well as different as you can make some of these products. This is not really rocket science and we are not re-inventing the wheel here, we are implementing 'best of breed' system architecture with a focus on performance and value. Again, we look forward to feature input from the people that use these products the most.

I was with Christie for 10 years, almost to the day, I wish them the best of luck.

Bevan

[ 10-05-2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Bevan Wright ]

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 10-03-2003 03:32 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Platter look identical to AW3s at first glance.

I Really like the automation system though. And the console looks decent to. Does it only come in blue?

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-03-2003 03:39 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had hoped that you would also manufacture alternative spare parts for Christie projectors. I had some problems recently to get the right, complete, and fitting parts. In one case the part was even rusty.

Bevan Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2003 03:48 PM      Profile for Bevan Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bevan Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colors have not yet been set. Suggestions?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-03-2003 03:51 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rainbow! Just kidding. Actually I kind of like black because it is (fairly) easy to keep clean, and doesn't show spots as well as the silver Strong equipment can. Of course I don't think I'd make the platter deck itself black, as that might be kind of odd. Silver looks good as well, but it can show blemishes easily. Of course my car is black and I have a hard time keeping it perfectly clean, so what do I know? [Smile]

I find this new company very interesting and look forward to seeing its products.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-03-2003 03:57 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on your new endeavor.

Colors? I like Joe's suggestion of black. VERY easy to keep clean. Second preference would be a dark color, like Christie is using. Definitely make "wear" parts such as film rollers black.

The platter drawing does look like an AW3. Will it for all practical purposes be an AW3? (In other words, interchangeable parts?) I have a few minor suggested upgrades for you on some of the items you may want to keep in the back of your mind during the design stage. I will email.

Matt Hale
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2003 05:53 PM      Profile for Matt Hale   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Hale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't forest green supposed to have a psychological calming effect? Might be just the thing for all those gigaplexes with one operator. Black would also be a good choice.

Looks like some interesting stuff there. Will definitely keep an eye on the website.

Good Luck.

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2003 07:09 PM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
black. VERY easy to keep clean.
please explain. is it just because light-colored dust is easy to see on it? then why the comment (from joe) about silver showing blemishes?

on our christie platters, the blue rollers are much cleaner, and easier to clean, than the black ones, although that's due to the different design, really.

speaking of colors, look at that automation. red for start and green for stop is very innovative but is it a good idea?

carl

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-03-2003 07:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck Bevan and Associates!!

Finally! You now have a chance to build the P35GP the right way(If that can even be done).

Mark @ CLACO

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 10-03-2003 09:23 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice seeing you at ShowEast. [Cool] Good luck in your new venture, along with Joe Delgado and Dave Richards and the rest of your partners. [thumbsup]

Bevan Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2003 09:27 PM      Profile for Bevan Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bevan Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good catch Carl. Fixed.... a little too much innovation. [Wink]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-03-2003 09:29 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with this venture
Make the film handling areas white so that any trace of dirt is visible

Matthew Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2003 09:40 PM      Profile for Matthew Bailey   Email Matthew Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's pink that has a calming effect.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: