Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Satillite TV offers something for us film buffs.

Author Topic: Satillite TV offers something for us film buffs.
Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2003 02:57 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A satellite company out of Canada called Bel Vu has to my surprise 2 interesting channels that I hope make it to the US Direct TV and Dish network.
Ch. 582 Silver Screen Classics and ch. 578 called Drive In.
They play all the old drive in classics 24 hours a day including the old adds and cartoons. Its great. Some of the cartoons have turned red and you see the warning dots and emulsion lines on all the features. Playing right now is Curse of the Swamp creature with a Betty boop cartoon on the other ch.

Lots of fun. Just thought Id pass this along [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Jim Alexander
Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2003 09:09 PM      Profile for Jim Alexander   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Alexander   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have similar channels on the other Canadian Satilite system, Star Choice. Just as a note, it's Bell Express-Vu

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2003 02:06 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds pretty cool. I jsut watch TCM and Fox movie channel shows a lot of old movies.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-15-2003 02:26 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really though, who buys an ExpressVu dish to watch anything but hockey?

Don E. Nelson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2003 03:11 PM      Profile for Don E. Nelson   Email Don E. Nelson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of hockey, i am going to New York City, has any one gone to see the Rangers at Madison Square Garden?
Where are the good seats and best vensod food. Do they have garlic fries like here at pac Bell Park. Best in the world, Gilroy Garlic Fries.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: