Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » manual/advice needed on Cinemeccanica C55/PT MK 2

Author Topic: manual/advice needed on Cinemeccanica C55/PT MK 2
Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2003 01:01 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have a manual for these, or at least be able to tell me how they work?

Are these 2 channel amps? How are they wired? The wiring panels on the back are a bit confusing, they don't look like any audio equipment i've used before.

What's with the sliding knobs labeled "h" "b" and volume? Why are there buttons for opt,aux,tape, etc? All these things supposed to be on your stereo processor, not on the power amp. [uhoh]

What's the funny Kelmar box on the side? Should i rip it off?

-
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Rick Long Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2003 01:25 PM      Profile for Rick Long Jr   Email Rick Long Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These were a 60W MONO amp made by Cinemeccanica During the late 80's. THe sliders are simply for bass (B), treble(H), and Volume.
The 4 pushbuttons correspond to the 4 inputs on the back at the top of the amp. OPT = film sound.
As for the other terminal block at the bottom the 2 terminals marked S.PH are the AC mains input. GND is simply ground. The 2 non-sync terminals make it possible to switch between non-sync and film sound remotely (with the OPT button depressed, the opt input is live. if you connect these two Non-Sync terminals, it will switch to the Tape input automatically) The output terminals are obviously for the speaker. Some things to be careful of. First, make damn sure you have the mains voltage selector switch set properly, and use an 8 ohm speaker system if possible. These amps do not take kindly to shorts on the output. Sparks will fly. I've repaired quite a few of these amps. They aren't too bad really.Sound pretty good for a mono system. A bit hissy for some, but quite adequate for their day. As for the Kelmar box on the side, I've never seen one before. Perhaps some early device for matching the level between mono and stereo prints? Someone else will probably know.
I used to have a schematic/parts list for this amp. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-30-2003 02:19 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The box on the side gave a gain boost for stereo prints
Also be careful there is on some versions a slider switch to select diode or cell and that would provide a 90v bias for a photoelectric cell something solarcells don't like

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2003 05:42 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the info guys.

So i've got 2 mono amps. [puke]

I have a feeling these might be heading towards Ebay pretty soon.

Danny

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: