Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » E-Z Hub spools in Australia.

Author Topic: E-Z Hub spools in Australia.
John Spooner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2003 01:03 PM      Profile for John Spooner   Email John Spooner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would any of my Aussie colleagues know where Goldberg 6000 ft e-z hub spools can be obtained, or have some either new or second hand.
The free wheeling hub idea is really good.
John Spooner.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Langfield
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2003 02:06 PM      Profile for Bill Langfield   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Langfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey John!

Im wondering where you get ANYTHING?

After the 'merger' of Hoyts, GUO, Village and even the gulping up of Val Morgan and Atlab, there is no other choice than to use ATLAB who are BTW really great.

But before Hoyts (who fired me for posting here) took over my last location we used
ASSOCIATED SOUND NEWCASTLE (ASN) WHO ARE really GREAT TOO, We use them to this day
(ask for Barry or Alan), but in emergencies Atlab (ask for Rodney) only needs to travel 10-30min, where ASN is 3 hrs away. (I talking travel times to Sydney CBA)

I would give ASN and ATLAB a call for a quote on the reels (I know ASN should have a few of our old ones from when we closed)

Another option you could call Hoyts and ask for Hoyts Store number (ask for Colin), they have lots of stuff there. (02-9273-7373)

Bill.

John Spooner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2003 03:03 PM      Profile for John Spooner   Email John Spooner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Bill.
Thank you for details received, have advised my management for their action.
It was good to see Prof. Fels intervene when VM was taken over by Hoyts, if he had not acted the smaller chains and independants would not have got any film-ads as they intended to only service their own company and damm the rest of us. Prof Fels legislated that the smaller exhibitors must have equal access and supply as you would also know.
Atlab is now just an office in an inaccessable location now in Adelaide. Our local Atlab man Stewart H does a fantastic job and deserves praise.
John Spooner.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: