Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Wild Thorneberries-#1703 sound familiar? If so,YOU SUCK!

Author Topic: Wild Thorneberries-#1703 sound familiar? If so,YOU SUCK!
Luc Odell
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2003 06:20 AM      Profile for Luc Odell   Email Luc Odell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the cinematheque that I head is of the second run/classic/art variety I recently had the displeasure of receiving your carelessness. I also of course had to invest likely twice the amount of time repairing the damage than those precious few minutes you saved during teardown.
When I received this print it contained a total of ONE identity frame(R-3-foot/tail) Of course the heads/tails were attached with the obligatory masking tape "splice" which resulted in a total of almost three feet of film damage that was not saveable.
Fortunately I was familiar with this film so assembly order wasn't a great problem for me personally. Cleaning of the masking muck you supplied to me is always enjoyable. And one question: were you eating fried chicken WHILE you were tearing down or what?!
When #1703 left my CARE and RESPONSIBILITY rest assured the print was clean, all heads and tails had a frame for positive identity. OH!I forgot about the extra 2 feet of film you left at the tail of 3 and 4(which I removed)and the 1 foot or so of film missing from the head of tail 2(couldn't repair THAT gang,sorry)
Have someone train you about fade outs/ins to avoid this in the future,leave one(2 at most) frames attached to heads and tails for positive ID,SPLICE the heads and tails back on with regular splice tape(at least one side),clean your greasy fingers before buildup/teardown and put on your gloves.And slow the hell down.
Until you do those things,,,Man,,,you SUCK!I hope the five minutes you saved was worth the almost 45 it cost me.

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 08-08-2003 06:31 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posts about trashed prints belong in the following thread:

Hey you, you suck! (AKA: Outing bad film handlers)

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: