Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Pedastal Information

Author Topic: Pedastal Information
Bill Mantz
Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2003 02:52 AM      Profile for Bill Mantz   Email Bill Mantz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a pedasatl collection dust and would like to use it dose anyone have information on it like who made it and model number and also can I get parts for it or should I just call the local scrap metal dealer and scrap it. Thanks  -

|  IP: Logged

John Anastasio
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2003 06:01 AM      Profile for John Anastasio   Author's Homepage   Email John Anastasio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks ilke an old Simplex "Five Point" pedestal and it's missing the base for the lamphouse. You'd find another complete pedestal as easily as finding just that part, but maybe someone in the forum has one.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-06-2003 10:17 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They make good run in stands for rebuilding machines

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2003 06:09 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This definately looks like an old Simplex 5 Point Pedestal. These are getting harder to get all the time. I will try and e-mail you the name of a person who may be able to help you.

Please keep in mind that the early versions were light-wight, and towards the end of their production, they were really beefed up (including webbing on the interior bottom of the base).

I would be careful using this with a heavy projector and soundhead, as if this is a light wight version, it may tip over and/or the pedestal legs can possibly crack.

Dick Prather
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2003 11:54 PM      Profile for Dick Prather   Email Dick Prather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed a Simplex type 5-point base with what looks like a Simplex / Century / RCA 1040-1070 soundhead mount. We used lots of these and hardly ever had a breakage problem with whatever projector we put on them. They were quite strong unless dropped as most bases are. It is missing the lamp table. The table and parts form a 3-point base will fit right on it.

I have used a 3-point myself for a run-in stand with a ORC M-1000 as a test lamp. It's nice to be able to turn the equipment when needed.

If you can find the parts cheap it wound make a nice display stand. If not toss it. There are lots of them around.

Bill Mantz
Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2003 02:23 AM      Profile for Bill Mantz   Email Bill Mantz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information this pedastal must of been near the end of production the thing weights a ton when I moved to my present location it had to be folk lifted off the truck.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: