Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CNA-100 Automation problem

Author Topic: CNA-100 Automation problem
Mike Lauber
Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2003 11:24 PM      Profile for Mike Lauber   Email Mike Lauber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I start the movie on one of our projectors using a CNA-100 automation system, the bulb will light and changeover will open, but the motor does not start. I know I should swap or replace the relay, but where do I find this relay in a wall-mounted CNA-100?

Mike

|  IP: Logged

Kris Brunton
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2003 01:39 AM      Profile for Kris Brunton   Email Kris Brunton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I beleive the motor and the lamp are on the same relay in the CNA 100 so it is probable that there could be another problem. Does the motor start via the manual switches on the front panel?

The relay in question is K1 found on pg 21 in the manaul. THe manual can be downloaded in the manuals section of the website.

Just under that relay is a 10 amp slo blow fuse that I would check first.

Mike Lauber
Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2003 02:02 AM      Profile for Mike Lauber   Email Mike Lauber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The motor does start fine using the switch on the front panel. I found the proper relay and tried swapping it with a different one on the board, and also tried swapping it completly with a different relay from another projector. Everything worked fine every time but that motor, so it's not a relay problem. I will check the fuse tomorrow, but the lamp and motor are on the same relay, so if the fuse was blown, how would the lamp automation be working correctly?

[ 07-31-2003, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Mike Lauber ]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-31-2003 10:03 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fuse is only in the AC line for the motor
The lamp circuit is a dry contact

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2003 02:27 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mike, what did you find the problem to be ???

Mike Lauber
Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2003 01:33 AM      Profile for Mike Lauber   Email Mike Lauber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It did end up being simply the fuse on the board [Mad]
Got a new fuse at Menards, and it works fine now! Thanks for your help.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: