Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Need manual for Kineton ST200 35mm platter (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Need manual for Kineton ST200 35mm platter
Serge Bosschaerts
Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2003 03:51 PM      Profile for Serge Bosschaerts   Author's Homepage   Email Serge Bosschaerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody,
Yesterday I bought a second hand Kineton ST200 platter and although the connecting diagrams where there,not the manual [Frown]

Can anybody xerox a copy for me ? German, French or even English will do fine [Big Grin]
And off course I'll pay for the copy and s & h costs.

Thanks,
Serge

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-21-2003 04:26 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can send you a pdf-file in German or English. Right now our mailserver is down, I will send it tonight.

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2003 05:03 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Serge,

how old is the platter. The ST200 is the original and in my opinion the best platter ever made. if you've got one of the older push button types you should be aware that the push button assembly is no longer available. That aside the rest of the spares are fully available as far as I know. Given the choice I would have them every time.

If you, or anyone else, needs one of these switch assemblies I have one that I'm happy to part with for the cost of post and packaging... Had it for years sitting doing nothing so may as well let it find a good home...

Regards Ken.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2003 05:09 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost nevertheless how much, You paid for it, You've never spend money that well. Do enjoy it !

p.

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2003 05:27 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Per,

they just run and run.... what I like most is that they do not run out of control. Turn the projector on they run.... turn projector off they stop. They don't go from 0 - 100 at the drop of a hat. Very stable and smooth. Fit a good wrap around sensor, NOT the Kinoton version, and you will never damage a frame of film!

As you say the best money he'll possibly ever spend.

Serge Bosschaerts
Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2003 01:50 AM      Profile for Serge Bosschaerts   Author's Homepage   Email Serge Bosschaerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody,

It's already the version with the round selectors instead off the push buttons.
I was lucky and got some spare parts with the platter like a spare motor, some relays and other bits and pieces.

Michael, thanks in advance for the PDF copy

Serge

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-22-2003 04:10 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You haven`t answered my question if English or German! As punishment, I will send you the German version. No, wait, since you are from Belgium, you understand German very well I suppose. So, do I also have the Russian version...
No. Well, OK, I will send you the German file.

EDIT - OK, now I tried to send it by email several times, but it didn`t work. The file is 3,8MB. I know from experience that emails are limited to 10MB with my provider (Cox).
Now after the email and attachment have been uploaded, I get an error messag: The server SMTP has not replied within 60 seconds. I clicked on "wait" several times, but in the end it never helped. How can I send this big file?

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2003 09:38 AM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael S: Ask Brad if there is some space on the F-T server to upload to...then Serge can download it from there.

Of course, I cannot speak for Brad - it is up to him! Just a suggestion, though.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 03-16-2011 06:02 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 2794 days since the last post.

Andy Frodsham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2011 06:02 PM      Profile for Andy Frodsham   Email Andy Frodsham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael.

We've just taken delivery of one of these units as well. Would it be possible for you to email a copy of the manual (setup and operating) to me as well?

Warm wishes,

Andy Frodsham (Staffs, UK)

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 03-16-2011 10:00 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't hold your breath. I haven't seen Michael S. around here for ages.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 03-17-2011 12:33 AM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's still around and working at Boston Light and Sound.

Andy Frodsham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2011 03:14 PM      Profile for Andy Frodsham   Email Andy Frodsham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else (preferably in the UK) have a PDF file of the manual which they can email or send me on disc?

Alternatively, anyone got an idea where I might obtain a hard copy?

Regards,

Andy

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2011 05:57 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Andy Frodsham
Alternatively, anyone got an idea where I might obtain a hard copy?
Try Bell Theatres Supplies, Omnex Pro Film or Future Projections who I know did removed some of these a few years ago and may/may not have the odd copy in their Workshop.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2011 09:43 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*cough*

These are good platters, their rep is well deserved.

Replace the capacitir associated with the speed control variac motor periodically, that's about all that ever goes wrong with them.

Kinoton do a IR POM conversion which basically gives you the same pay out head as the current ST200E, ie no moving parts in the POM, alas it's not cheap. However is you have a worn or damaged POM that needs replaced anyway...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: