Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Finding His Voice-animated Western Electric film on optical sound film reproduction

Author Topic: Finding His Voice-animated Western Electric film on optical sound film reproduction
Matthew Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2003 04:32 PM      Profile for Matthew Bailey   Email Matthew Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found this on the Prelinger archives site any of you members may want to see along with my review. I'ts titled Finding His Voice-an animated Western Electric film demonstrating analogue optical sound on film reproduction. http://www.archive.org/movies/details-db.php?collection=prelinger&collectionid=fndvoce

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-19-2003 06:07 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting website. How good that I have highspeed cale internet now!
What other archives are there with historical and/or instructional films?

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2003 07:57 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.... just spent 90 min downloading the clip... FANTASTIC.
All that remains to be said... sung is...

Good night ladies,
Good night ladies,
Good night ladies,
We're going to leave you now.

Merrily we roll a long,
Roll a long,
Roll a long.

Merrily we roll a long,

Orer the deep blue sea.

Good night ladies,
Good night ladies,
Good night ladies,
We're going to leave you now.

Now why can't they write lyrics like that today....

Loved seeing that 'Western Electric Sound System, The Voice in Action' cartoon.

Sound Pictures at their best.

Sad thing is I've actually had my hands on a complete system....

Now I feel very old and certainly not merrily rolling on [Eek!]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-19-2003 08:41 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful early animation! I have a W/E sign, just like the one seen at the end of that film! They put them on booth doors.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: