Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Cinema Film Systems Manual!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cinema Film Systems Manual!!!
Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-09-2003 11:00 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, console and automation. Please, please, who has it?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-09-2003 11:35 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmm, you might what to check the Film-Tech website under their "manuals" section. They have what you want.

CFS console/automation manual

Mike Pennell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2003 03:24 AM      Profile for Mike Pennell   Email Mike Pennell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think thats where i got mine [Smile] , but i might also have some lying around. If i do ill send you some copies. [beer]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-10-2003 03:39 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to lean on Mike's post... Does anyone have a manual for the CFS "DREAMCATCHER" Projector?

NO COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!! I'm looking for a manual, NOT a lecture!

>>> PHIL

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-10-2003 04:53 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marvellous, Brad, how did you find that so quickly! [Wink]
Unless you added that immediately after my post [Big Grin] , what we have here is a classic example of how perception is controlled by expectation: several people had told me it was impossible to find the manual, even film-tech didn`t have it...I quickly checked myself and found that it wasn`t where it should be: after the Christie manuals.
Unless of course it was filed under CFS...

Anyway, thanks once again for cultivating this great source of information.

Still, is there any info material covering the automation in greater depth?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-10-2003 02:03 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
To my knowledge that is the only manual ever made for that system. If someone has something else, please send it in.

CFS
Christie
Cinema Film Systems

It all depends on how it was added to the page. Whenever you are looking for a manual from a company like Christie or Strong it's easy. When you are looking for a manual from Cinema Film Systems you have to remember it can be listed by their more common abbreviation CFS.

Travis Hubrig
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 08:53 PM      Profile for Travis Hubrig   Email Travis Hubrig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I may have some more info for you...
The other theater in town has CFS.
As I recall they have two different CFS automations...
Not sure what they have for manuals, but I will borrow them and compare.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-11-2003 09:11 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the CFS's units used a rip off of the Raven Pac automation that should be in the manuals section

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-12-2003 10:59 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and an ORC rectifier below - did they ever strike out! If you're going to rip-off something, at least make it something good!

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-12-2003 03:46 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
had to replace 3 forward diodes in one of them the other day. Suprisingly it's been over a year since I have had to replace one at our theater.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-12-2003 05:41 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just replaced one of the positive diodes where the lead had burned cleanly off...
I will post a picture of the automation later.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-12-2003 06:23 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never had many problems with the Raven dimmers and automations
They are primative by modern standards but usually bullet proof
the failure is usually the SCR or the UJT on the timer board

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-13-2003 12:36 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just replaced one of the positive diodes where the lead had burned cleanly off...
yes, I have seen that happen before. Have you ran across any that have these color shields wrapped around the leads. There the ones that can slip off and on the diodes. If so you might want to remove them because all they do is build up heat around those leads that can cause those leads to burn cleanly off.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-13-2003 08:00 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that more of a poor solder or crimp connection than it is the vinyl?
quote:
the failure is usually the SCR or the UJT on the timer board
Well, it's not a very good copy, either, with lots and lots of chintzy relays.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-14-2003 01:59 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not when it actually burns the lead wire in half. it would be if it burned in half at the crimp or solder area. Since we stopped putting those color shields over the lead wires we no longer had them burning in half.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: