Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Toshiba TLP-380 LCD Projector

Author Topic: Toshiba TLP-380 LCD Projector
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-28-2003 04:19 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have the 8-pin mini-din pinout control function designations of the TLP-380? We replaced them with the Toshiba TLP-T720, and apparently the control box that interfaces with the automation is not compatible. It does work, but I cannot get rid of the little red "X" in the upper left hand corner of the picture. However, the "X" does go away if the mini-din cable is unplugged.

The control box is one that has 2 115VAC inputs, one for primary power, and the other is connected and receives 115VAC from a receptical that is switched off when the movie starts. The control box then sends a signal (soft logic, I presume) to the LCD projector to turn it off.

The TLP-T720 was designed for a computer interface, and it is not working properly as discribed above.

Any suggestions? The Toshiba TLP-380 is obsolete now, and I don't have a manual on them. They were owned by someone else, and we never had a manual for them since "day one."

It might just be as simple as switching a wire in the control box, but I have to have something to go on so I know what to switch around.

Here is the pinout of the mini-din of the TLP-T720:
 -

Thanks in advance.

[ 06-28-2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Paul G. Thompson ]

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 06-29-2003 12:34 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Here is a link to a PDF file I found for the owners manual of the TLP-380. I hope the link works and the info helps.
TLP-380 owners manual PDF file

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-29-2003 12:56 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Darryl. I'm trying to get into the website now. AOL is being a real bitch tonight. [Mad]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 06-29-2003 01:01 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul I double checked the link after I posted it and it worked. I have a cable modem and it is a bit of a large file so if you are using a phone line it may take a while.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-29-2003 01:43 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...AOL's damn timer kicked me off after 95% download.

Anyway, I got the file downloaded, and I discovered the pin-outs of the TLP-380 are identical. So, it's back to the drawing board.....With the pinouts being identical, maybe the new projectors require some wild command that is not needed in the old machine.

Next step is calling Toshiba ....again! They don't know what is wrong, either. I hate changing streams in the middle of the horse....

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-29-2003 03:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, may I direct you to the LINKS section please. Go to the downloads and grab the "pop up monitor".

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: