Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » USL MDS 1400

Author Topic: USL MDS 1400
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2003 04:52 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone

I've read that MDS 1400 has an automatic gain adjustment to adjust the volume of the different material.

Can I disable it? I don't like how it works.. [Frown]

Bye
A

|  IP: Logged

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2003 06:06 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have installed hundreds of these units, I never saw a automatic gain control, this unit has an input card for two different inputs, and output cards (2-screens for card) with a left & right volume controls..you can program two dip switches to play whatever input you chose, we use only one input, we switch all dip switches to the same input channel...I have once set it up to play input # 2 for special music in two aud. while input # 1 play the same to all other aud. & lobby...if this unit has a automatic gain control, I haven't found it, so I would no..

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-25-2003 06:12 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don, the automatic gain card is an option when you order the MDS system. Antonio, you can't disable it, that I'm aware. You can use the standard input module though.

Steve

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2003 06:32 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

Do you mean that the input module is equipped with automatic gain control and that I have to change it with a "normal" input module to exclude the gain control?

THX

Antonio

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-25-2003 06:41 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The auto gain feature is available on that and the Smart Distribution amp. Both are on the same quality level. An added feature about the Smart is that you can install up to 2 10 watt 70 volt(or 8 ohm) power amplifiers inside the unit. It makes a very compact music system for a small to medium size theatre. The USL requires an external amp.

I highly reccommend the auto gain feature as the level variance on CD's is all over the place.
Mark @ CLACO

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: