Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » My home cinema is finished. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: My home cinema is finished.
Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2003 09:12 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My home cinema is finished and I thank all for the help I recieved.
I don't know exactly what happened with the info that I had typed in this subject earlier but doesn't matter. I submitted new pics for any body interested.
Anyway, happy projecting all.

[ 06-22-2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Sam Hunter ]

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-22-2003 07:07 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam, did you get that part you needed for your ORC lamp?

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-22-2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Sam!

Unfortunately (?), I doubt that your home cinema will ever be "finished." Eventually, you'll find something wrong with it that could be fixed "if only" you upgraded some small thing. Then, you'll make that upgrade (lenses, amp, etc.) and find something else that needs upgrading, etc., ad infinitum. Pretty soon, you'll probably end up with your own IMAX theatre. [Smile]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-22-2003 07:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, your theater will never, ever be finished. [evil]

If Ian gives me the ok to interrupt the Cinemeccanica manuals, we'll get your pictures up in the next day or two.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2003 09:43 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Guys, and you are probably right about never being finished. I started repainting the projector head this weekend but I should be finished by my opening show next weekend.
I will be picking up a couple of more BX-80's and extras in a couple of weeks as well so that should keep me busy.On a side note I used 1/4" plexiglass for my portholes and it seems to work great. Static and scratching seems to be an issue though but no biggee.
Paul, I haven't found a replacement negative lens yet for my lamphouse but one day I need to replace it.
Just to be safe I am running my lamphouse at about 51 amps. Is this ok for a 1K bulb?
To Mark Gulbranson, thanks for the CAT113C, Works great!
The next thing I want is to find me a good used Kelmar cleaner.
Anyway, gotta go and bug other folks elsewhere.
Later Gaters!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-22-2003 10:55 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good Sam...Congratulations! I hope the screenings all go well!!
Mark

Philippe Laude
Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2003 03:46 AM      Profile for Philippe Laude   Email Philippe Laude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam,
I wouldn't use plexiglas for the porthole, use optical glass.
If money is an issue, don't place any porthole until you get the funds.

I long to see the pictures.

Philippe

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2003 07:04 AM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am using it now and aside from a little dust due to its static problem it works great. Just have to be careful in cleaning it as plexiglas scratches freaking easy.

Scott said
quote:
Pretty soon, you'll probably end up with your own IMAX theatre.
It is an IMAX theater, I MAXED OUT my budget for it [Smile]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-23-2003 08:27 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually aside from the static and scratching problem plexi is very good optically. At least the plexi over here certainly is. Its even available with antireflection coating if one wants it that way. G;ass is certainly the preferable one to use though......
Mark

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2003 08:57 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clean the plexi with Novus # 1 (spray bottle) plastic cleaner/polish and use a clean, soft cloth. The # 1 has anti-static properties and will work well for you Sam.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2003 09:17 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a new question, call it a mini poll.
Anyway, Say like you are putting a show together at home or whatever and you have the following:
Cartoon,your favorite trailers, intermission tags, feature.
What order would you put them in or your preference?
I am going this route:Reel One (6K) cartoon, trailers, feature, end of reel one intermission tags.
Reel two (6K) the rest of the feature.
P.S. Paul, I repainted the outside and inside of my brenkert and it looks mavalus. If you remeber you mentioned that I should way back when. I picked up a couple of cans of Black Wrinkle Coat from a Dupont dealership in town and that stuff worked damn good. However I used Rust-Oleum Appliance white for the inside and that shit takes forever to dry. I had forgot about that. Anyway, showtine is 7:00 PM Saturday and you are all invited.
Later gaters! [beer]

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-24-2003 09:52 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Sam. We'll look forward to the picture posting. BTW, email me again about the busted lens. I do have one for you.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2003 02:43 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If Ian gives me the ok to interrupt the Cinemeccanica manuals, we'll get your pictures up in the next day or two.

Grudgingly ok

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-25-2003 09:59 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam,
I forgot to ask.... When will the first remodel/upgrade be scheduled?? Will it be conversion to stadium style seating? Will it be conversion to 35/70mm projection? Perhaps a new Roof? Rebuild the popper? New concession stand? Conversion to computerized ticketing system, Adding a handicapped restroom? Aisle Lighting? High Back seating?
[Wink]

Mark

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2003 11:16 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark said
quote:
When will the first remodel/upgrade be scheduled?? Will it be conversion to stadium style seating? Will it be conversion to 35/70mm projection? Perhaps a new Roof? Rebuild the popper? New concession stand? Conversion to computerized ticketing system, Adding a handicapped restroom? Aisle Lighting? High Back seating?

Remodel in about 5 years, stadium seating no, 35mm only, roof 10 years, new popper ordered from Sonic Equipment, concession stand is new, handicapped bathroom it sure is, no aisle lighting as there are no aisles, high back seating in the form of matching loveseat/sofa. [Smile]

Anyway, T minus 2 days.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: