Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Westrex 7000 sold for £800 on Ebay! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Westrex 7000 sold for £800 on Ebay!
Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 05:32 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A auction has just ended on ebay and a Westrex 7000 35mm projector was sold for around £800 and it is not even complete, like on it's original base and is was a home mod rebuild for a home cinema setup.

Do we feel sorry for the guy who has paid well over the what's this projector is worth as they are only fetch about £50/200 or some would say the best place is in the trash... [Smile] [puke]

Here was the ebay auction number for the Westrex 7000:- item=2931388837&category=11722

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 06:20 PM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People will buy any old crap on ebay

quote:
(off ebay) all it needs is a lamp house/ lenses and plug into a pre-amp and you are away !!

The person who has purchased this I hope he is in the trade or he is in for the shock of his life. [puke]

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 06-03-2003 06:32 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben

Why are you holding a Norelco DP70 door next to your projector????

I just been wanting to ask that about your picture.

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 07:13 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
E-Bay can be very tricky to deal with.

There have been a few items that I attempted to bids on, but every time some idiot starts a bidding war and before you know it, something that is worth say $50.00 is going for several times its value. For instance, I was bidding on a tool recently. Opening bid was $10.00 with no reserve. By the time the auction closed, the tool had sold for over $150.00. I found the needed tool locally...in excellent condition, for $25.00.

The same can be said for classic car auctions such as the Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale, AZ....were a car that may be worth $10k to $20k may fetch $75k-$100k.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 06-03-2003 08:45 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"A rising tide floats all boats." We all have crap...now crap is worth more than ever before. Why complain?

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-03-2003 11:33 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben how come I can't find any of them for 50lb

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-04-2003 12:33 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gord, Probably because they don't go by lb's in Canada!! [Wink]
Mark

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-04-2003 04:13 AM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why are you holding a Norelco DP70 door next to your projector????

At a Volkswagen get-together, i once saw a VW buggy (1300) with a Rolls Royce Grill in front... That was qute, too.

p.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-04-2003 06:14 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Those were quite common over here in the states back in the 70's!! It was a kit that you bought to dress up your bug. Many "Bugs" were, and still are made into dune buggys......by those that hang out near dunes....

Mark

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2003 05:21 PM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hot News another 7000 has just appered on ebay.

This one is with a lamphouse. At the moment the 100 pound stirling price tag is a good price for the lamphouse.

Item no is 2934565335
someone saw the price the last one whent for & is trying to make a killing.

quote:
With Orcon 1K Xenon Lamp house With Built In PSU,Dolby Stereo Photo Cell,Take 6000 Ft Spools,Comes With Lens ,Sound Outs XLR,Ready To Run,Very Good Condtion.Last Used On Saving Private Ryan to Show Rushes To Steven Speilberg,Can Be Viewed Before End Of Auction

-

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-15-2003 05:39 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the projector immediately behind that one is a much better machine....Its a DeVry XD missing its incandescent lamphouse.
Actually this is probably the better machine hh has up for auction right now.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11722&item=2934582509

Not my favorite Phillips but still pretty good.

Mark

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2003 06:07 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per & Mark,

I read that Rolls-Royce forced the manufacture to stop selling those kits because they infringed on the patented design of the RR grille. And the last VW (old-style) beetles will roll off the last assembly line, the one remaining in Mexico, this summer.

I've owned three of the original beetles, and kept a 1972
super beetle running for 22 years, until chassis rusting forced me to sell it. I now drive a year 2000 New Beetle.

Gerard

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2003 07:51 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Gerard

Then we might just do something to Ben for his fraud - maybe on behalf of the late Mr Kotte, whose fine design Ben is manipulating so rudely. OR we could tell Ben, that a certain Mr Gulbrandsen just may be willing to sell him the projector of his dreams, if he's not aware.... [Big Grin]

p.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-15-2003 08:03 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So who's Ben anyway.....Don't you mean Brad?
Mark

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-16-2003 03:40 AM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's Brad ?

Is he the guy from the Monee Vintage Club ?

Polish up Your salesmanship now, and watch through this topic from start once more. The top post picture is that often discussed one showing BEN with his great fantasy !! [Big Grin]

p.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: