Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Adding stereo to a Devry? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Adding stereo to a Devry?
Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2003 12:42 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello
I want to add stereo to my Devry projector and was wondering at this time should I go with a red led reader or just a stereo cell.
How difficult is the mod and can you point me to a source to purchase the needed equipment.
 -

Thank you.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-01-2003 01:08 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,
I am almost finished with the first DeVry retrofit for LED reverse scanner for a friends projector and there are a number of other DeVry owners also waiting for this. Projected price is about $600.00 U.S. all inclusive. This will utilize a C.E. pickup and LED bracket of our own design. You will be able to install it in the field as long as you have the normal A chain equipment and test films.
Call if you're interested in one.
Mark @ CLACO
801-355-1250

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2003 01:30 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see a picture of the installed retrofit kit.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 06-01-2003 03:03 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...a $600 update for a $100 projector.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-01-2003 03:44 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
If you know of any for 100.00 please send me a half dozen freight collect!!

Ken,
I will make pics available as soon as I'm finished with the final product and the parts are anodized. Since I ahve one customers machine waiting in the shop now and another request for a pair of them I am going to do a run of 10 the first time through.....
Mark @ CLACO

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2003 06:24 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark

I sent you an email.
If your limited on space the Devry with a double mutt make a great team [thumbsup]

Paul Salley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2003 06:55 PM      Profile for Paul Salley   Email Paul Salley       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Devry Alan !
I've been wanting one for sometime, but never have seen one colored blue? More pictures please?

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2003 07:53 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Devry The Battleship North Carolina is still looking for a pair of lamphouses to put on the Devry projectors that they have. [beer]

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2003 08:41 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul

Heres one more.

I bought this years ago. I no longer remember from who. It was shipped to me just as she looks.

-

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 12:44 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great looking machine Alan.

As I recall it is one of only two machines made in this country with a barrel shutter (Motiograph being the other). It is also chain driven, right? I ran a pair at a drive in in Victorville, CA back in the '50s.

John Anastasio
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 03:38 PM      Profile for John Anastasio   Author's Homepage   Email John Anastasio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, they're chain driven. I take it that you ran Motiographs at the drive-in, not DeVrys. (Unless it was a very small drive-in.) [Smile]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-03-2003 11:34 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were a lot of driveins in the 50's equipped by devry
The original gardnier projector Ballantyne R was a standard simplex with a barrel shutter

Don Furr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-04-2003 05:51 AM      Profile for Don Furr   Email Don Furr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A TIP for DeVry owners!!!
If you will replace your blower motor on the top of your lamps with an exhaust fan (get the heat out) you will increase your lamp life by a TON. You can take a lot more heat away from the bulb than the small hole at the rear bottom of the lamp housing will allow your to blow. I haven't put a bulb in either of mine in 6 months.....and I run a lot of film.

-Don

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-04-2003 10:27 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am almost finished with the first DeVry retrofit for LED reverse scanner
Mark, are there enough units out there to justify all that work?

It IS a nice blue machine, btw. I like it!

I used to service a bunch of drive-ins in WV that had DeVry 16000 systems. I loved the chain drives... only wish Christie, Prevost, and Cinemeccanica would pick up on that.

Oh, wait a minute! What was I thinking?! Haha, but then they wouldn't make any money on belt sales, silly me!
[Roll Eyes]

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-21-2005 03:23 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 809 days since the last post.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: