Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DOWN WITH LOVE reel confusion

Author Topic: DOWN WITH LOVE reel confusion
James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2003 02:35 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the Feature Info forum, Bob Brown wrote:

"Need some help guys and gals. While building my print, one of the reels came with both heads and tails printed on the leader. Leader band states after the countdown leadin H-6 but after 15 or so frames, it states T-1. Could anyone give me a discription of the H/T of reel 1 & 6. I have our corp. people on the phone with ETS, but not sure how long it will take for a responce. I have a 7:00pm radio sneak tonight."

I haven't handled this print (yet) but if it is 6 reels, it should be easy to figure out which reel is which.
Reel 1 will either start with a trailer or the Fox logo.
Reel 6 will end with credits.
If the top of the picture is facing the outside of the reel, then it it heads up.
If it is facing the inside of the reel it is tails up.
Hope that is what you are looking for.

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 05-15-2003 04:02 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darryl beat you to it.

trouble with reel Identification on Down with Love

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-15-2003 04:03 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A thread in FHF is already underway today. Problem has been resolved.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: