Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby Digital soundhead adjustment

Author Topic: Dolby Digital soundhead adjustment
Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2003 07:34 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some danish projectionists - even those running SRD soundtracks themselves - still think, the only way to mark the splice between two reels, is fat, colored tape, bend around the edge of the film, covering both perf and digital soundtrack. -The best of the bandits reopening the perforation holes with their splicer.
I case of late arrival of print, and no time for hand inspection before first run, these tape marks causes my dig sound to drop out, as bad splices and tape for inductive sensor will, too.
Are my digital heads (700 and 701) badly adjusted ? Can they be adjusted in a way that make them less sensitive to splices, contact tape, etc. at all ?

Per

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-11-2003 09:05 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it is 4 missing data blocks this should cause a loss of digital

[ 05-12-2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Gordon McLeod ]

Marc Jones
Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2003 01:58 AM      Profile for Marc Jones   Email Marc Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had problems before with a Cat 700/ DA 20 dropping out due to the high error, It was the bulb/reflector in the reader.

On the Cat 701 how long has it been in operation and what is error number on the video card with in the processor. I have had problems before with the LEDs in these readers over a period of time.
good Luck

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: