Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ned Kelly analogue sound track problems

Author Topic: Ned Kelly analogue sound track problems
Bill Langfield
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2003 06:07 AM      Profile for Bill Langfield   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Langfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone had complaints about the sound track on Ned Kelly? (when in analogue)

'Muffled low dialogue, hard to understand'

I sat in on the film for about a half hour, and the sound was fine, I think it's the following causing these complaints...
The Irish accent's can be a problem to understand, and, they tend to speak in 'bursts' which can catch you out and miss key words.

So far the complaints seem to only happen when it's run SR. When running in SR-D it tends to
hang around 5 then Fault back to SR, a LOT, That screen is now running it in DTS. Then the movie moved to a screen with no SRD, that the DTS player or CP65 have a problem and the sound drops out altogether so films in there can only run in SR, First session, the same complaint.

At my another location where the distibutors hardly ever send us the DTS discs (that pisses me off, I must say), complaints about the same problem. So I got a set of discs from a place down the road where they always get discs but most of their readers/players don't work (go figure that)

Since the film has only been running a few days, I dont know if there have been complaints when it's running in digital.

Bill!

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2003 07:11 AM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill, had no complaints with sound in our 2 prints of Ned,SR.D error rate is running on 4 both prints. [thumbsup]

Jamie Sanson
Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2003 05:25 AM      Profile for Jamie Sanson   Email Jamie Sanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill
Have not had any complaints about the sound quality. We are using Dolby CP 50 with (Dolby A) for decoding and sounds very clear with a good dynamic range.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: