Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » The Core: SRD Issue

Author Topic: The Core: SRD Issue
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2003 04:37 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any one else haveing a SRD issue with this print? Basically with our print, the dialogue track is not matching up. It plays fine in Stereo. Nobody complained during the first showing today but I have checked during every reel since a customer complained during this showing and all of them so far has been bad.

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-28-2003 04:55 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried resetting (rebooting) your cinema processor? The delay circuit may have temporarily lost the delay setting. It's a known issue.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-28-2003 06:18 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. Some code can reset the processor`s delay like Daryl said. It can also be on a trailer of course.
Observe the processor`s error display. When this occurs, you can briefly see a L in the display, like during booting, and it indicates that the processor is reset. If this happens during a trailer, get rid of it (the trailer, not the processor).
If you have a DA20, selecting Format 10 on the cinema processor will reset the delay of the DA20 to what it was before without rebooting the whole unit. Selecting Format 10 sends a delay turn on command to the cinema processor interface card and it resets the DA20 since the delay is hardware set.
I am not sure, but I think you will have to reboot the CP500 though.
>>>It is always helpful if you include equipment information.

[ 03-29-2003, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Michael Schaffer ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: