Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » QSC ISA-MX series

Author Topic: QSC ISA-MX series
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2003 04:54 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

What are the main differences between ISA and MX series amplifiers?

Bye

Antonio

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-01-2003 05:22 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ISA is the replacement for the USA serries which was the "low end" of the qsc cinema line
The MX was the top end and the DCA's are now the top end

note no amp from QSC is really low end just relative [Wink]

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2003 06:29 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon,

Of course...
What means, in your words, low-end and top-end? What are, in your opinion, the differences between the two series?

Bye
Antonio

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 03-01-2003 07:11 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The differences are price and features.
The ISA is a an updated USA series really, it adds a DPV2 data port to the basic transformer power supply amplifier. Good power at a good price, if you use their DPV2 crossover it gets pricier.
The DCA has a switching power supply and more digital features. With the digital monitor, you can wire a sound rack without any fiddly signal wiring as it all (ok, almost all) goes through VGA type multi cables. Not overly expensive if you count the time needed for doing all the cabling for a standard sound rack. Obvious drawback is that a DCA rack isn't amenable to using other types of amps in an emergency.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-01-2003 09:26 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ISA is also noisier in my opinion and hotter and way to deep on the rack space compare to the USA
As for the VGA cable I make my own anyway since cable dress I am a bit anal over and premade cables suck
Also I have adapter PCB breakouts that have the 15 pin to a terminal strip for emergancies

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: