Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dimmer info needed

Author Topic: Dimmer info needed
Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2003 03:33 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently moved to another cinema and its equiped with a whole load of dimmers that there is no information about at all. The settings are way out and need to be changed but its not like any other 'normal' dimmer I've come across.

There is no manufacturers name on them just a model number PX16.

They are a plain rectangular grey shallow box, with a remote controller with a double 7 segment led display. The system is setup to 'display' F for feature lighting, T for trailer lights and CL for cleaners lighting.

I have no documentation for these and the telephone number is no longer valid. Do these things sound familiar to anyone and if so can you help me out with some documentation.

It's not much to go on so I doubt I'll get any help.... but who knows Film-Tech is full of surprises.
Regards.

|  IP: Logged

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2003 07:05 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken,

Sounds to me like an Electrosonic. they had a PX range. if my memory serves me correctly 16 stands for 16amps. There was a PX32 and a PX10. give us the telephone number and i can find out for sure.

Michael

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2003 11:31 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael

the phone number on the front of the panel is 0273 626001. No other information.

If you can help out I'd appreciate it.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 02-14-2003 04:22 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if this is stating the blindingly obvious, but have you tried 01723 626001? In the early '90s, I think, the 'phone codes all changed: land lines which were originally 0XXX became 01XXX.

If it is an Electrochronic (as they were known at MOMI), they're still in business. Here is a link to their website. Their 'phone number is 01322 222211.

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2003 09:07 AM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the help... managed to find a name on the pcb and a search in the net located the manufacturer

The manufacture is Futronix, there's a picture of my new home on their site. Just as well I managed to track them down as the system requires a remote control to configure it, which is a first for me.

So guess what I'll be doing on Monday... [Big Grin]

Thanks again for the help.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 02-14-2003 09:08 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In case someone else comes across one of these dimmers, would you have a link to their website?

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2003 10:50 AM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the link to the manufacturers web site...

www.futronix-info.com/sitemap.htm

These dimmers are quite sophisticated and its the first time I've come across a system like this that requires a remote controll to configure them.... hence the original post.

Thanks again for the interest and help.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 02-15-2003 01:18 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had electronic dimmers which could only be configured with a notebook. They were manufactured by elform. I don`t know if I can say this on the internet, but I wouldn`t recommend them!!!

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2003 04:11 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken, no problem, well I was near! electrosonic vs futronix.
So you're now at Ritzy Brixton ? i seem to remember reading a large article on it and Futronix were mentioned.

Best wishes

Michael

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2003 04:48 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes for my sins..... must have been VERY bad in another life...

Left City Screen for a very good package...only to be told on my first morning that the cinema was being taken over by.... yes you've guessed it, City Screen. They say that the truth is stranger than fiction.... it could only happen to me.

I don't have a problem at all, City Screen were very good to me all in all.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: