Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Vector 1000

Author Topic: Vector 1000
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2003 08:13 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone

I know that in the states Vector 1000 is not so used but perhaps someone can help me!!

Few questions:

1. Is it possible to have Interlock between, say, prohectore 5 and 7, having proj 6 showing its own schedule independently? I'd say yes, manual say yes, graphic on Vector say yes. Projectors loads the programs, waiting for start but when time approach, just the master machine starts, the other stays in "ready" as nothing happens.

2. Intermission. For logistic problem we had to put an intermission on Two Towers (first part of the movie is moved to another proj while second part is running!!). Is it possibile that when intermission time end the projector start the show without a need of a cue? I thought that in that case the projector starts the motor and wait for a cue to strike lamp and open dowser.

Thanks for help!!

Bye

Antonio

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Michel Grin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2003 03:44 PM      Profile for Jean-Michel Grin   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Michel Grin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Antonio,

I don't have any experience vith the vector 1000, but my chief was in Patras in greece to open a multiplex working on this system. I could ask to him how to do.
One thing I remember for the interlock operation: pay attention that all failsafe and pay-up rollers on the plattter, even if the movie dosen't pass trought, are "UP". If you don place it UP the projector don't run. Maybe something wrong in the wiring at the interface card in one of the automation units
But my chief told me that the installation of the Vector 1000 was a pain of ass [Mad]

For your intermission problem, I believe that you have to create two programms, one for each part of the movie.

In hope that help you. Good Luck !

Sincerly,

Jean-Michel

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2003 09:18 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Michel

Yes, we know about failsafe. No problem about them. There is no error, no warning. The second projector just doesn't starts!!

Intermission: we found (I found) that there is no need of a cue after an intermission. Today and yesterday we showed 10-9-8-7-6 etc all the time at the audience.. [Frown]

Bye!

Antonio

Les Brock
Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 07:28 AM      Profile for Les Brock   Author's Homepage   Email Les Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Antonio,

I do not have any direct knowledge of the Vector system but, during my travels have seen it working interlock especially in Middle East.

Have you tried contacting Luigi Branca at Cinemeccanica ? We had a sound mute issue when Vector 1000 is connected to SDDS DFP D3000.

Luigi solved the problem by changing a driver file.

Regards,

Les.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 07:52 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tip. As the last option, we will call cinemeccanica of course!

Bye

Antonio!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: