Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP65 Subwoofer level and questions

Author Topic: CP65 Subwoofer level and questions
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2003 08:07 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone

Well, I was yesterday to a theater of my friend, he asked me if I can do something for its sound. It is a little installation, out of the town, little BOSE speaker fos stage, "home" speaker for surround and a DIY subwoofer... [Smile] So, no fear to make the sound worse!! (On one of BOSE equalizer there is wrote "SOOBWOOFER", Sob Sob!!!) [Smile]

The result was very good (looking at the sound system available!) but I have some question abut CP65 that I do not know as 500.

My main question is about subwoofer. Since I do not own a Cat 85c for pink noise I used a signal generator to have pink noise at each channel on 6ch input on the rear of CP65.
Perfect for all channel but SW since I can equalize subwoofer channel but I cannot set the level since 6ch channel input has its own level for Dig/Mag.

In a previuos conversation I heard from you (Gordon? Steve?) that I can use Non Sync input so that I can set the subwoofer at the same level of a stage channel on RTA.
Unfortunately Subwoofer is not used on Non Sync. Perhaps I didn't understand your suggestion, or I miss something on the cards (is there a switch that turn on and off the subwoofer from NS?).

Do you have a suggestion on how set the SW level on an optical installation using an external ON generator??

Finally, some question about CP65:

1. Can I have Pro Logic on NS?? If I able the Surround on NS I do not have center channel used!
2. On CP65 manual I've read some warning about the 40/50 and trimpot on cat 64. If my system is cut at 100Hz, should I set the 40/50 Hz trimpot at 0dB? In other words: will the sound feed to the subwoofer will be affected by the 40/50Hz EQ? Is the signal deviated before or after the EQ card?
3. I set the levels using the 6ch input. Since it is Digital Input, I thought that I had to use the digital level of surround: 85 for stage, 82 for surround. Since Surround is cabled mono, I set 85dB for all channel, did I do the right thing? The surround level, at ears, is correct now (was 76 before...)

Thanks for your help!!!

Antonio

|  IP: Logged

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 08:27 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I printed the CP65 manual on two pages per sheet and the instructions were so small...

Jumper J4 on cat 443 selects Subwoofer and Matrix decoder for NS.

I've answered to some questions by myself...
Bye
Antonio

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: