Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Need Schematic/data EPRAD Starlet II

Author Topic: Need Schematic/data EPRAD Starlet II
Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2003 04:02 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need the correct data on the Starlet II Format Card. This is not the same unit as in the Manuals section. This is a minimum feature model.

The Starlet II was from 1989-90 model and has two cards in tandem. Front card is 27034-1 and the rear card is 27032-1

Front card has DIP switches S-1 (8 positions), S-2 (8 positions), R-24 Rt Level, R-21 Lft Level

The rear card has one switch S-3 (Rmt/Loc)

Information is not available from EPRAD on this processor which is part of an EPRAD packaged console.

Your help is appreciated.

KEN

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-09-2003 10:13 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Post a picture if possible not all part numbers were the same as some of the drawings
A 27032 is I beleive the oushbutton board that mounts on the front and the other is the actual format board and they came in different flavors

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2003 06:49 AM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon,

Yes, this is the pushbutton model and there are two boards behind them.

EPRAD has been unable to provide any information on these.
KEN

The unit is in Bay City so I will have to make a special trip to get the pictures if necessary for your determination.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-10-2003 10:37 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is it not doing
Ken you have mail

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2003 07:23 AM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon,
Thanks for the mail. The unit 'wakes up' in random modes. The fading time between formats is too long and the first several seconds of sync sound are lost in the process. Our manual (a copy provided by EPRAD) does not describe the purpose or adjustment of the two sets of DIP switches on the board nor the two level controls.

Thanks, KEN

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-11-2003 04:22 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kennith,
Why on earth would you, or they for that matter want to fix it. Even when it worked it did nothing right.......I think thats what EPRAD is saying by not supplying any info on it...even thouigh IT IS there a the factory.
Mark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-12-2003 12:29 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the starscopes were not that bad compared to the early CP100/CP50 with the cat 110/116
There later matrix was decent and the 3 band nr was very effective. Also the use of parametric eq was very handy

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2003 08:09 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey friends, I know that nobody likes the Starlet, but if one came my way, I'd take it.

I'm thinking of ways to get cheap and dirty stereo out of a Holmes 8.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-12-2003 10:10 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can think of at least several items over at Radio Shack that I would replace it with before I'd fix it.....it if was any good Eprad would still be supporting it....they sure made enough of them.....
Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: