Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » cp 500 EX automation

Author Topic: cp 500 EX automation
Patrick de Groot
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2002 06:41 AM      Profile for Patrick de Groot   Email Patrick de Groot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a problem with one of our CP500's with dolby EX extension. The automation won't trigger it into EX. There is nothing happening: no format change...

How can I simulate the "automationpulse" on the automation input of the dolby processor to see if the processor is working correctly?

|  IP: Logged

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2002 07:34 AM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The SA-10 requires a pulse for SK8 on the CP-500 to engage the ex channel. Ground pin 8 momentarily on the automation connector of the CP-500. This will select softkey 8 (and the SA-10 will kick into ex mode). Don't disconect the automation cable that connects the CP-500 and the SA-10. Depending on your automation it might be just as easy to get inside of the automation panel and connect the wire for pin 8 (ex) to ground.

What automation do you have? Often problems like this are just a bad relay or a loose wire.

Jean-Michel Grin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2002 12:28 PM      Profile for Jean-Michel Grin   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Michel Grin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Have the same problem with one CP 500 and a SA-10 unit, even if I connect the pin 8 to the gnd by the automation.
I will try the next week to disable the auto digital target to format 10 (SK4)
Maybe can you try the same thing.

Best regards, an apologyses for my weak english !

Jean-Michel Grin

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2002 01:38 PM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I auto-targetted to sk8. When feature cue goes through I have it go to sr sk3, auto digital kicks in and goes directly to sk8 works everytime.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-30-2002 05:03 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SK-10? WOW...you must have a special CP-500 with extra buttons and everything! [Eek!] Most only have eight softkeys. [Big Grin]

Steve

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 12-30-2002 08:13 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Aldo meant format 10...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-30-2002 08:15 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure he meant SK8.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 12-30-2002 08:54 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be the Spinal Tap upgrade kit: Two extra softkey buttons and a firmware update that lets the fader go up to 11.

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2002 05:09 AM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ack yes I meant sk8 sorry all.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: