Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS-6D LOCK-UP

Author Topic: DTS-6D LOCK-UP
Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2002 05:14 PM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple of DTS-6D units .... one of which does the following. Every so often it will be playing happily along, then lock-up.... There is a loud constant beep through the speakers (like a cheap clock radio [Wink] ) , and the panel is non-responsive. You have to totally power down the unit, and re-boot to get it going again. Has anyone else had this problem? ... Or know anything about it?

|  IP: Logged

Karen Hultgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2002 06:55 PM      Profile for Karen Hultgren   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Hultgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the DTS-6D player locks up like that, it needs to come in for repair.

Karen at DTS
khultgren@dtsonline.com

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 12-20-2002 03:23 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never seen a dts player do that. The only time I had a malfunction which involved beeping was when we had some loose cable connections on a crossover which caused some looping and resulted in the (very high) beeping. Before you send the unit on a vacation to California, you should check if all the audio connections and grounding is in order.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2002 07:18 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that Karen will allow this suggestions... [Wink]

Matt,

I would try to open the unit and check that all cards are well seated. And check what Michael said.

But I believe that it is an hardware failure.

P.S. You said that it is a fault that starts after a while. What about a bad power supply or a not working fan? Perhaps the power supply stops working properly locking the system... Remember that it is just a 386... [Smile]

Bye

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-21-2002 01:50 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think its a little rediclous to have to send it all the wway back to the States for repair. DTS must ahve a competent service tech down under to handle this sort of problem......These units are VERY easy to repair, even right in the booth, provided you are armed with the correct parts beforehand.....
Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: